Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Updated Billboard Battle of the Bands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zx-niner
UPDATE: 05/13/2011 The tour from Seattle to Las Vegas for the final competition started today. They have booked a "House Show" in San Francisco Saturday night. The band can be contacted at "Ho Tels" on Facebook or "HotelsMusic" on Twitter for details on attending. If you're of an age to know what a House Show is, or how to contact people via Facebook and Twitter, this might be for you. All I know is my son asked me not to attend.

The shameless plug and request for your on-line vote worked. My son's band, HOTELS, is now one of 6 from around the US heading to Las Vegas for the final competion on May 18.

Click to view attachment

On-line voting ended for the time being:

Homemade commercial.

You will see that Kyle takes after his dad. Not!

Vote here! and you can listen to a couple of their songs while you're at it.

Thanks from me, and I know they appreciate everyone's help.
PanelBilly
Alright I voted for your kid.
KELTY360
+1 Good luck!
JRust
Voted! Good luck
TC 914-8
Great sound, I voted !!! I'll share the link on FB and see what happens. KEXP has some great progressive music that usually only stays in Seattle, this should help their ( Hotels) exposure.
Good luck

BTW
If they change their name to The 914's they would get a lot more votes poke.gif
zx-niner
Thanks to all who voted. I found out we can vote once per day. This Friday April 8 is the last day to vote. I'll post results when they are announced.

Thanks again for your help.
slow914
Done voted. Already heard the band on KEXP and though I hate to admit to loving all that hipster shit, they do actually got it goin on...
PeeGreen 914
Voted smile.gif Sounds similar to "Doves"

Very cool beerchug.gif
jt914-6
Steve....voted for your son's band....good luck to them..... beerchug.gif
914itis
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 8 2011, 07:42 AM) *

Steve....voted for your son's band....good luck to them..... beerchug.gif

voted! gl
championgt1
Voted. Good luck to them!
Mr.242
+1 Good Luck beerchug.gif
raw1298
Voted! Good Luck! If he makes it big he should buy you the 914 of your dreams! biggrin.gif
zx-niner
The Band won the regional competition! Many, many thank you's to everyone who helped out by voting for my son Kyle's group "Hotels" on the Billboard.com Battle of the Bands. It was announced Tuesday THEY WON their Pacific Northwest Region competion!!

I'm not exactly sure about what happens now but here is what I think. In early May they go on a concert tour that ends in Las Vegas May 18 for the final competition concert with the other 5 bands. A film crew accompanies each band as they tour from their part of the country to arrive in Vegas, posting videos on-line throughout the concert tour for fan viewing. Part of the competition scoring is based on the number of on-line hits for each band's videos, then a band of judges will make the final decision at the May 18 concert. The winning group will perform at Billboards music award ceremony May 22 to be broadcast live from the MGM Grand on ABC television.

After listening to the competition I must admit the other groups are pretty good. There are a wide variety of music styles that will appeal to different groups of people. Who knows what the final result will be but it will be a lifetime experience for those involved.

Thanks again to all of you! I know the band appreciated every vote we made.
championgt1
Right on!! aktion035.gif
zx-niner
Bump to let anyone who might be interested know that the band's tour to Las Vegas started this morning. It's a somewhat unstructured tour, to say the least. There are no planned or announced venues. It seems to be a series of impromptu shows. A film crew is following them so maybe spontaneous is better.

However, they did announce a short while ago via Twitter that they are playing a "House Show" in San Francisco tomorrow night. The band can be contacted via Facebook as "Ho Tels" and Twitter as "HotelsMusic."

If you're of an age to know what a House Show is, and how to contact people via Facebook or Twitter, maybe this is for you. All I know is my son told me not to come. Maybe because he knows my bedtime is 9:00? Or maybe there are some things parents don't need to know.

Link to Billboard's Battle of the Bands
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.