Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Streets of Willow pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
http://www.nosubstitute.org/events/SOW12April03
brant
Chris,

how did your lap times compare to the 4cylinder ?

brant
brant
oops...

I just read the thread below..
sounds great..

congrats..
brant
drew365
Chris; you didn't miss anything on Sunday. After the drivers meeting dark clouds came over and the wind started blowing a light mist around. They called everyone back in and we voted to cancel and run event 4 on May 24th instead of having a practice day. Of course within 20 mins. it started to clear and look better but no one brought their crystal ball. cool.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(drew365 @ Apr 13 2003, 04:07 PM)
Chris; you didn't miss anything on Sunday. After the drivers meeting dark clouds came over and the wind started blowing a light mist around. They called everyone back in and we voted to cancel and run event 4 on May 24th instead of having a practice day. Of course within 20 mins. it started to clear and look better but no one brought their crystal ball. cool.gif

Sweet! So I didn't miss out on a chance for some points.

It rained fairly hard here today, and I was glad I wasn't out in the desert or on the freeway. There was a rabbit sitting in the middle of our back lawn for hours and my dog didn't even get out of his house to chase it off. That tells me it was a pretty miserable day.

As we discussed yesterday, I am also thinking about regearing. The stock 914/4 3rd is too tall for the Streets and 2nd is perhaps a tad too short. I didn't even touch 5th yesterday although I was using it with the prior 4-cyl engine because it couldn't rev as high. If I can find the money, I might actually keep two trannies around -- a short-geared one and a big-track one.

Time to fire up B's gear-calc spreadsheets.
J P Stein
Chris, are we havin' fun or whut? mueba.gif
Brad Roberts
Chris.

I'm ready to sell the semi fresh 901 that is in the tube car. I'm pretty sure it has MSX in it with a 1 year old Guard 80% LSD. The box is in Palo Alto (the gears are written on the top of the box). I could pull it apart for you and document each synchro for you and reseal it.

B
L8Apex
damn i need to try that track out. It's a small autoX type track right?
campbellcj
QUOTE(L8Apex @ Apr 13 2003, 10:42 PM)
damn i need to try that track out. It's a small autoX type track right?

Welllllll....it's a "small" track but still about 1.5miles and you get up over 100mph in the CCW direction. Basically all 2nd-4th gear in most cars. It's a blast of a little track. Definitely "made' for 914's... I am nowhere near as experienced or quick as many of these POC guys, but I still can stick on the a$$es of a bunch of 993/996 cars in my antique 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.