Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jake found new way to sell engines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
and i though keith stone was SMOOTH : )

drop a great engine in an above average 914 - and BOOM

sells in 1 hour.

hide your wives, hide your daughters and HIDE YOUR 914's
cause jake has got a ew marketing strategy : )

j
ConeDodger
I knew it would sell... Jake was considering keeping it. I forget the story but I think his engine customer couldn't keep the car and Jake got him out of it. I think he had it for less than a week!
Jake Raby
an hour my ass... 15 minutes!

People think I am full of shit when I tell them my engine increase both "sell-ability" and value of the car. I think this one proved it as it sold in 15 minutes AND I have 7 people waiting in the wings if the deal falls through.

This engine was built in 2002 and we installed it into this 914 for a local customer. He only drove it 3000 miles. I should have kept the car, but my 356 Outlaw is what I am concerned with now.

I owned this car and a Mercedes 450SL that I bought from the same person for less than 24 hours. I now wish i would have kept them both! Thats OK, now I decided to add a VW Iltis to my collection, at least I can use it to play in the woods along with the Pinzgauer.
Gint
Where the link?
Zimms
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Apr 2 2011, 09:48 PM) *

... but my 356 Outlaw is what I am concerned with now.

Will we be able to see this in June at the open house?
Jake Raby
Yes, the goal is to have the car done for our RAT Reunion.
bandjoey
HI Jake..what is the exhaust on the car you sold? What a gift box for that motor!
moparrob
That's a pretty car and a nice find for the lucky new owner. Hell, I'd like to have it for something to drive while my car is on auxiliary vertical supports...

IPB Image

Jake Raby
The car is super straight and clean.. Only surface rust in the rust prone areas that is easy to treat...
It even suprised me how quick it sold. It did help me to better understand exactly how my engine program benefits the 914 in the future in regard to sales.
I probably should have put the car on eBay and just let people battle over it but this way the new owner got a smoking deal and his expectations will be easy to exceed.
In a way I wish I would have kept it, but I ended up adding a VW Iltis to the collection instead. It's more practical for my lifestyle.
casey944
what exhaust was on that car?
Jake Raby
QUOTE(casey944 @ Apr 4 2011, 06:30 AM) *

what exhaust was on that car?

I have no idea. It has some Monza characteristics, but didn't look exactly the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.