Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TPS replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falconfp2001
I was having problems with the Throttle and my TPS. Way to much slack and the circuit board was grooved.

So I decided to replace.

Here is a a 73 on the left and a 71 on the righ
73 has 5 terminals and the 71 has 4. the 73 also has a different location for the return spring than the 71.
falconfp2001
When I popped the covers off you can tell there is a little more thought put into the 73. Technically both switches only use two terminals but which on is the key.
falconfp2001
71 now on the left and 73 on the right
falconfp2001
You can tell that the 73 TPS is more serviceable. I was stunned by how clean it looked.
falconfp2001
Here is a shot of the bottom of the 73 TPS. You can see it is numbered according to the schematic. 14 is not used but 9 and 20 are. IF you are using a 4 pin connector from an early FI harness. connect from 9 over and it should be fine.
falconfp2001
Heres a shot of the TPS connected. You can make out the numbers from this side as well. Remember, 14 is not used.
falconfp2001
Test drive with the 73 TPS was a success. Seems to have more acceleration and definately steady when partial load is on gas.

The Slack in the 73 TPS throttle body shaft and butterfly was almost non-existent.

I was told that the serrations on the boards are different but I surmised that the serrations were for extra pulses during acceleration and not for any value for the ECU.

Operation is smooth and now I'm gonna find me a back up for the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.