Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb 74 2.0 injector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sofi2t81
I took out my 914 today for the frist time this year and I smelled gas after some miles. mad.gif One of the injectors is leaking between the plastic and the metal part.
I assume there is no way to fix that.
Does somebody have one (or two biggrin.gif ) for sale.

Thanks Peter

again an explanation why you call them "Mittelmotorfeuerzeug"
sfrenck
Hard to tell exactly where your gas is leaking. Does your injector have a gold crimped hose clamp like the one shown?

Click to view attachment

If so, is the leak between the gold clamp and the green plastic? If it is, you can cut the hose clamp off, buy fuel injector elbows (little curved pieces of fuel hose) and screw type band clamps, and fix the problem.

If not, Contact Otto's 1-888-901-6886 between 8-12 PST, buy injectors from him, and replace those gold crimped hose clamps with elbows and screw type band clamps.

Fuel Injectors from Otto's
sofi2t81
It's comming out between the plastic and the (rusty) metal part.
I will call him next week. Today I'm heading back to Germany. I assume he isn't working on Sundays. biggrin.gif

Peter

detoxcowboy
QUOTE(sofi2t81 @ Apr 3 2011, 09:23 AM) *

It's comming out between the plastic and the (rusty) metal part.
I will call him next week. Today I'm heading back to Germany. I assume he isn't working on Sundays. biggrin.gif

Peter

if by "rusty metal part" the hose crimp between the hose and the injector body, then your injector is fine and you just need to take off the "rusty metal part" and replace the hose..
adidas
Peter. Iv'e got a couple 2.0 injectors if you still need them. Let me know when you get back in town. Bill
sofi2t81
Hello all,

thanks for the answers and the pm's.
I orderd 4 NOS from Otto's

Peter
cary
Most of mine leak between the black and color portion.
sofi2t81
The parts from Otto's arrived yesterday.

Nice. shades.gif

Anyone a suggestion how to remove the old hose?
Dremel with cutting weel?
914Mike
QUOTE(sofi2t81 @ Apr 14 2011, 09:42 AM) *

Nice. shades.gif

Carefully, yes. A hacksaw also works. I bought NOS hose elbows once, from AA, they lasted a few months before cracking... Now I just use new (smooth) straight hose.
914xprs
QUOTE(Mike914 @ Apr 15 2011, 12:27 AM) *

QUOTE(sofi2t81 @ Apr 14 2011, 09:42 AM) *

Nice. shades.gif

Carefully, yes. A hacksaw also works. I bought NOS hose elbows once, from AA, they lasted a few months before cracking... Now I just use new (smooth) straight hose.

if available a dremel works sweet with a thin wheel.cut at angle as far up as you can go without hitting the plastic. then a flat head insert in slot and turn. then with some pliars twist and pull off. caution: metal is sharp..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.