Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone ever done a Mint Green 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
casey944
The car has to go under the knife and it is currently white... was "light ivory" but is now something closer to grand prix white...

Thoughts?
IPB Image

Bianchi celeste green...
IPB Image

biosurfer1
I like the bike....the 964, it seems a bit much. But hey, go for it!
VaccaRabite
As long as you do black wheels and either black or green trim it will look awesome.

Chrome does not look good with pastels IMHO. Not enough contrast.

Zach
casey944
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 3 2011, 05:46 PM) *

As long as you do black wheels and either black or green trim it will look awesome.

Zach

thinking 909 bergspyder lettering down the side along with black sail trim.
damesandhotrods
When I saw the mint green I was hoping for the Porsche color Ice Green Metallic.
scotty b
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 3 2011, 01:46 PM) *

Zach

satin black or silver would look great with the mint IMHO. Mikes car actually had what appears to be a factory repaint in a metallic mint color. I think it was a 911 color. Here's a pic of iot in the front truink under the blue and over silver. I thought it would look really nice
malaga_red75
my car is going to get a GT3RS green in June, its darker than 'mint' but still has that pastel look...

ill also be doing black trim/wheels and painting the targa bar AND window frame black.

Click to view attachment

i think it should look pretty cool
VaccaRabite
My car is Conda green, so also a bit darker then the mint. I hate the way my wheels look, and have been meaning to get them powder coated black. But it has not happened yet.

Pat Garvey
In the late 70's Porsche had a color called apple green. I remember it vividly on a 78 or 79 911SC that a short term Australian PCA member had on a RHD SC. It was beautiful!
rick 918-S
My BMW 2002. This was a 1957 Fender Strat color I had custom mixed to match. We called the color Bavarian Mint. shades.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Limo film windows, Blacked out trim and bumpers, black BBS mesh style wheels.
Ferg
Patrick Motosports did this one, I don't know the owner but it does live in Colorado...

casey944
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 3 2011, 09:51 PM) *

Patrick Motosports did this one, I don't know the owner but it does live in Colorado...

looks pretty nice...

had some friends do these for me:

IPB Image
IPB Image

The one is "sport classic" grey...

MDG
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 3 2011, 08:25 PM) *

My BMW 2002. This was a 1957 Fender Strat color I had custom mixed to match. We called the color Bavarian Mint. shades.gif

Most early guitar colours are from the automotive paint catalogue - especially on Fenders from the 50s and 60s. Still easily mixed straight from the Ford/GM/Chrysler paint codes.

Love your 2002, Rick!! That would be Surf Green, a '57 Chev color (among others). I had a late 50s P-bass in Surf Green that had faded to almost the exact color of your BMW in the pic. Here's my current Surf Green Tele.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.