Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hekp, FI wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914coop
Instilling a replacement FI wiring harness. Ended up with two wires I can not remember where they where attached.

first one is on the lead to the distributor, it is a small wire wirh a female spade connector (white wire) (pictured below)
IPB Image

Other one is located on top of the FI airbox if looking from the rear of the car if is on the top left side. Connects to a vacuum connection. female spade connector aiso. (red wire)
IPB Image
detoxcowboy
You did not asy a year or engine but here si the 2.0 73 74 and a link where you will find diagrems of the others..

Click to view attachment

linky

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/
rick 918-S
Irv,

I have the engine with the smog pump stuff. I think 75 engine. Let me see if I can find the wires your looking for. The harness is still connected I think.
Dave_Darling
Looks like a 2.0, yes?

The red wire is about 90% likely to be the wire from the Aux Air Regulator. It hooks up to a white wire that gets power when the fuel pump is running.

There's a good chance that the white wire you are showing is supposed to connect to that as well. There's a higher probability that it goes to the thermo-switch, which sits up off the top of the crankcase but below the air cleaner on the right side.

--DD
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 4 2011, 01:11 AM) *

Looks like a 2.0, yes?

The red wire is about 90% likely to be the wire from the Aux Air Regulator. It hooks up to a white wire that gets power when the fuel pump is running.

There's a good chance that the white wire you are showing is supposed to connect to that as well. There's a higher probability that it goes to the thermo-switch, which sits up off the top of the crankcase but below the air cleaner on the right side.

--DD

Yes Dave later model 2.0. 75 IIRC and yes, the TTS has a red wire connected to it from the AAR from the looks of the harness on the engine I have here. Irv, the TTS is bolted to the top of the block. I tried to take photos of the connection the the engine is covered in gunk and vacum hoses. I can't tell but the white wire may aslo be connected there. I think we have wire diagrams on the site someplace. Or Pelican may have them.
914coop
Thanks guys.

Sorry about not putting all of the information (Late at Night and should have been in bed biggrin.gif). It is a 1976 car with a 2.0.

I will check down there tonight. Dan was doing that last night and I can not see in there (Limited vision). I will feel around and find it.

Thanks again Irv
detoxcowboy
The fi connnection after the AAR in that general direction in the thermo time switch for the cold start valve operation No? .... I am not French just semi-guessing..Yes?
Dave_Darling
Mais oui! wink.gif

Yeah, the thermo-time switch is in the general vicinity, but the 75+ ones have two wires, not one that connects to it.

--DD
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Apr 4 2011, 06:46 PM) *

Mais oui! wink.gif

Yeah, the thermo-time switch is in the general vicinity, but the 75+ ones have two wires, not one that connects to it.

--DD

Ya, That's what I think the TTS looks like on my engine I think. I sprayed it down to try to make out the colors. It looks like a red wire for sure there looks to be two male terminals. the other one could be a white wire so Daves advise looks to be solid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.