Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roof squeaks gone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73Euro911S
Thanks to the information on this forum I was able to fix the horribly squeaky roof on my 914. Enough was enough, the squeaks were driving me nuts.

I searched '+squeaky +targa +roof' and read several threads that led me to any easy fix. I first sanded the rock hard slick rubber blocks on the roof and lubricated them with glycerin. Next a strip of felt was applied in the latch recess, and a little section of hard rubber tubing (a section of drip sprinkler tubing worked perfect) over the latch posts to tighten things up.

Squeaks gone! This is a great place, thanks.

Nick
johannes
Any picture ? ...

McMark
Yeah squeaks are annoying. I remember on my very first 914 getting a silk scarf and putting it between the top and targabar to kill the squeak. Back before I had a great group of friends to help me do it right. shades.gif
underthetire
Think we've all asked that question. It does make a huge change. That and the vertical window seals, that really makes the wind noise more bearable.
silver74insocal
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 4 2011, 08:49 AM) *

Yeah squeaks are annoying. I remember on my very first 914 getting a silk scarf and putting it between the top and targabar to kill the squeak. Back before I had a great group of friends to help me do it right. shades.gif

ummm you carried a silk scarf? gayfight.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.