Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 914-6 Conversion for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
avidfanjpl
Lawyer fees force me to sell a car I just got for what I paid for it back in January.

I wanted to bring this car back to life, but some people force other ideas on me after being divorced since 1994.

I paid $5525 for a 75 914 2.0L that was converted to a 6 in the late 90's

NO RUST that I can find. I mean I have done tap tests LOOKED EVERYWHERE and it is in good shape. It has no hellhole mess, and this car sat in a dry CA environment for a long time. Even the jackposts are solid.

The interior needs seat recovering and a general cleanup. I have a new passenger door, which is late and needs to be put on instead of the one on the car, which has a dent and bondo from the 90's. The frame is straight. We are talking about a dent, not a frame crunch.

Still has the almost perfect front and rear 75 bumpers on it with fogs. The appearance group is intact in the car.

I will not sell it for less. Otherwise I will keep it for some day in the future when I am not plagued by an ex wife looking for a retirement fund.

Not splitting up the parts, not ever.

Needs a tranny, shift bar, pressure plate/clutch, throwout, cable and pump/relay board.

Have the complete oil tank and hoses. Have new rear discs and calipers. Needs a windshield.

Has 7 and 8's 5 spoke fuchs that need refinishing, but they will turn out fine with a trip to Al Reed.

I bought repro new engine tin, needs rubber.

Registration good till June 2012. Plates are new.

Car came with 2.7L with complete Webers, and I know these are worth a grand alone.

Have some new parts I was collecting from Pelican for the engine. rotor/cap points.

Again, only want what I have in it.

$5525 cash. You can come and get it. I just paid the new registration last night.

BTW - SoCal Andy may have a rebuilt 914-6 trans that I was going to buy before the last round of court costs. He only wants what Thomas charged him to do the work plus the new parts.

Andy also may have the front engine mount by Patrick MS that is needed. I don't have that, but the welding is done. Where the mount went, I don't know, but I bought the car with the engine out and the engine mount missing.

Let's see if there is any interest. Buyer pays shipping. I prefer that a real teener get this car. Some day maybe another 6 will be in my life, but this one is not one I can spend money on for some time to come.

Pics attached of car/motor/parts. Have more but they are big pics so email will be needed. I have to use successive threads to reduce and post.

Thanks!

John
avidfanjpl

Click to view attachment

avidfanjpl
More pics

By the way, the front end parts are 911SC, the rears are 914-6

J

Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
More pics.

And there are Bilsteins all around the car.

J

Click to view attachment

avidfanjpl
More pics again!

J

Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
More pics.

J

Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
More pics

J

Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
More pics

J

Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
Webers one side with linkage

J

Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
Webers side 2

Last pics.

Car can be viewed in Anaheim Hills on weekends.

J

Click to view attachment
sashabigdeal
You say it was converted before, are the wholes drilled for the oil tank? How did you fit the wheels under the stock sheet metal? I'd like to seed the car, I'm in simi valley. How do I get a hold of you?
avidfanjpl
Yes, this was a working car till the engine (running at the time) was yanked.

The PO rolled the fenders to get the tires in and not rub. It was done professionally.

Remember there are Bilstein sports at each corner, and they are stiff. The oil tank fits right in. You can see where it was mounted. All the glass is good but the front windshield, as I mentioned.

Front tires are 205/50-15 rears are 225/50-15

PM me and I will give you my cell phone.

Also I got the Porsche COA on the car in February. Included in the price. Still in the envelope they sent me.

Thanks!

John
sixaddict
Looks to be a heck of a deal.........too bad I am so far away....Need my 4th or 5th .......Good luck and she WILL eventually go away !
phillstek
PM sent.
ocs1667
Admin Edit: Removed the quote with no question or comment from ocs1667
ocs1667
QUOTE(ocs1667 @ Apr 7 2011, 05:32 PM) *

Admin Edit: Removed the quote with no question or comment from ocs1667

Gint
Dude... you did it again. If you have something to say, by all means, say it. If you're bumping the ad for the seller, that's great. But put some actual words in your post would ya?
avidfanjpl
Hey Gint

The poor guy (Dennis) is having a major problem learning how to work on the site.

He called me, sound really like a great guy, and he is new and is unable to get things to work for him. He has been struggling just to get his info onto 914World.

I told him to keep trying. He is not trying to flub things, but he is genuinely having trouble. Not sure what to tell him on how to overcome the issues, or how to proceed, but he is really trying.

I am not sure he can even see the posts that are dissolving before he actually says something that sticks.

Hoping he gets things straightened out.

Thanks!

John

QUOTE(Gint @ Apr 8 2011, 04:21 AM) *

Dude... you did it again. If you have something to say, by all means, say it. If you're bumping the ad for the seller, that's great. But put some actual words in your post would ya?

pcarfan911
Is this car still available? if so e-mail me lisa at pure 9 design dot com

Thanks
avidfanjpl
PM Email sent.

John

QUOTE(pcarfan911 @ Apr 16 2011, 10:10 AM) *

Is this car still available? if so e-mail me lisa at pure 9 design dot com

Thanks

avidfanjpl
Thanks to everyone that has written, called or come by to visit.

I just got back into town last weekend and no more work travel for a while, so whoever wants to see it can contact me now.

Sorry, work took me away for 8 days.

One correction is that the car has Koni's not Bilsteins. I had gas on the brain when it should have been oil!

John

headbang.gif
phillstek
After giving this car a thorough inspection I can confirm that this is a really nice car and would make the perfect project. The longs, floor and hell hole are totally clean with absolutely no rust. The parts value alone well exceeds the amount that is being asked. If you are looking for something solid and a six conversion that's had all the major stuff done, you'd be mad not to consider this one. The only reason I haven't bought it is that I can't take on another project right now. That and the fact that I'd be dead man when my wife found out.

Phil
avidfanjpl
Thanks for the review, Phil! I would not have bought it unless it was all that I needed to get it back on the road. Then the ex intervened.

The Green Horndog is available for visits. I am home for the next month.

It will remain for sale unless I win either Mega Millions or Super Lotto!

If I do, I will finish this one and buy the Screaming Yellow Zonker just to kick Joe Sharp in the shins at the OCR AX's.

Nah, I love Joe, but I would still like to race against his Black Death 6.

J

QUOTE(phillstek @ Apr 22 2011, 08:14 AM) *

After giving this car a thorough inspection I can confirm that this is a really nice car and would make the perfect project. The longs, floor and hell hole are totally clean with absolutely no rust. The parts value alone well exceeds the amount that is being asked. If you are looking for something solid and a six conversion that's had all the major stuff done, you'd be mad not to consider this one. The only reason I haven't bought it is that I can't take on another project right now. That and the fact that I'd be dead man when my wife found out.

Phil

TROJANMAN
I am thinking abut buying this car in the next few weeks, but can't today, which means someone else is going to buy it very soon. That's just how things work........
avidfanjpl
I appreciate the sentiment!

You never know. The Green Horndog may end up waiting for you!

I am a fan of Colorado the state!

Are you a USC Trojans fan?

I have season tickets for the last decade. Section 10 Row 58.

John
Evil914
Don't do it!!!Go borrow money against the car and keep it.If you sell it you'll regret it later.Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.....
carr914
Wait, this car is Green? The picture on the first page looks Blue to me.

If my GT hadn't just come home, I would buy it.

T.C.

avidfanjpl
The car has Palma Green Metallic underneath the crappy blue paint now on the car.

The PO, who also was the OO, never removed the Palma Green paint.

He just did an overspray.

One of the things I was planning was to strip it to metal, but legal crapola is in the way.

TC Davis!

Please tell me about your 6 relay board! Who knows? Maybe I will keep the car?

Thanks!

John
carr914
I thought you wanted the Board, I brought it to work to work up shipping, but I need to find out your address

Send me a pm

Free icon_bump.gif
avidfanjpl
PM Sent

J
avidfanjpl
Car Sale Pending!

Sold to Patrik in Germany. Goes on the boat next week.

Even got him a correct relay board from TC Davis to go with the car!

THANKS ALL!

John
914zero
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Apr 26 2011, 09:20 PM) *

Car Sale Pending!

THANKS ALL!

John

Can you tell me which company did you used to ship the car in Europe?

Thank's
Jean Marc
avidfanjpl
Patrik has to send me the info. It is his shipping company.

I will tell you when the wire clears and the shipper calls me to arrange pickup.

Best regards,

John

QUOTE(914zero @ Apr 28 2011, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ Apr 26 2011, 09:20 PM) *

Car Sale Pending!

THANKS ALL!

John

Can you tell me which company did you used to ship the car in Europe?

Thank's
Jean Marc

Kraftwerk
Another one goes back to its mother country!

What is Palma metallic anyway?
avidfanjpl
Another name for Butt Ugly Metallic Green

I would have preferred Yellow or even Ravenna Green.

Palma Green is on my Avatar page. Google Palma Green Metallic and a pic of a beautious 914 with steel wheels shows up from SoCal.

But, still, not one of the more appealing colors.

I will Fight On to find a car I can keep and do some resto on, short of a complete paint job.

John
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 23 2011, 04:55 AM) *

I am thinking abut buying this car in the next few weeks, but can't today, which means someone else is going to buy it very soon. That's just how things work........

As I was saying...........
avidfanjpl
I was sort of hoping that someone in the US would have bought the car, but Patrik is carrying on the teener tradition of saving whatever 914's are left on the planet.

And although it is hard to get things all done to get the car on the boat, but I hope someone in Deutchland enjoys it.

J

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 29 2011, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Apr 23 2011, 04:55 AM) *

As I was saying...........

avidfanjpl
The shipper comes tomorrow for the Green Horndog. I loaded the 911S motor into the front trunk with my peeps. Cost me 3 sets of baby back ribs tonight. Tight fit with the cardboard.

The car is so packed with parts that it is hard to shut the trunks or doors!

Off to Die Vaterland. Auf Weidersehen! Auch, Thomas abfahrt im drei Tag!

One less conversion on US streets. Makes me sad, but hey, I have to get a project I know more about.

Any 914 2.0L's from 73 or 74 hiding in North Orange County? I have to drive to San Diego and see tpines car, then to some scary place in LA to see one on Craigslist.

I need a project car that isn't too much of a project.

Is that too much to expect in 2011?

John
kwikit356
I am very sorry to hear that lawyers' fees (yours or ex's??) are forcing you to sell this car. I've been one since 1975 and I never tried to force a client to sell anything that meant something, or otherwise, to pay me. Maybe that's why I'm no longer in private practice. They must have you in a very bad place, so to speak, or you would be able to find a way to slow them down. Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.