Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks to all the 914 lovers out there!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Just wanted to express my opinion that 914's are just the coolest damn things on the planet. This is supposed to be our escape from the world (not 914world biggrin.gif ). So lets dispense with the bs.gif & get back to the creamsicle914.jpg . Thats what really draws us together to begin with.

Group hug anyone new_shocked.gif

Huge thanks to all the admins who make this online home available! Your the best & I know I really appreciatte your hard work pray.gif
Mike Bellis
agree.gif
partwerks
thumb3d.gif
Cairo94507
I typically begin and end my day here. Thanks for the 914's and their care givers.
speed metal army
iM STILL WAITING FOR THE RAIN TO STOP!!It is fun here,and yep,these cars are a kick!I love em so much I have 4 right now! screwy.gif Thanks to the guys that run this thing!
NORD

Getting busy on the car, lots of events coming I,m hoping to do this summer.

Go to the local NAPA store to get cap and rotor for a 050 distributor. I had the

Bosch part numbers for the items and just wanted the kid to order them.

Pretty easy, Not for this kid he had to have a car to refrence the part to

so he could look up the part number in thier book. I told him it was an

after market Distributor for VW and Type 4 Porsche He didn't believe

understand so I told him forget it I'll go to the Other NAPA store they

know what I'm asking for, his response was don't get all bent up.

I just want to make sure I get the correct parts.

I love these little cars driving.gif
914itis
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 4 2011, 11:51 PM) *

Just wanted to express my opinion that 914's are just the coolest damn things on the planet. This is supposed to be our escape from the world (not 914world biggrin.gif ). So lets dispense with the bs.gif & get back to the creamsicle914.jpg . Thats what really draws us together to begin with.

Huge thanks to all the admins who make this online home available! Your the best & I know I really appreciatte your hard work pray.gif

agree.gif beerchug.gif
mrgjones
I haven't gotten to drive mine yet mad.gif I bought it from a a woman who was letting it rot under a tree. It's getting closer tho. I can't wait to get it on the road. driving.gif
Ductech
QUOTE(mrgjones @ Apr 4 2011, 09:40 PM) *

I haven't gotten to drive mine yet mad.gif I bought it from a a woman who was letting it rot under a tree. It's getting closer tho. I can't wait to get it on the road. driving.gif

Keep Going mrgjones... youll get it done... took me 8 months to take a water latent tacoma 914 that hadn't driven in a decade to get it converted to a subaru ej22 and im now driving it around the town to test my conversion... That and check the suspension.
Keep at it and I had never driven one of these great cars before. I'm positive that my car could be smoother it will get there soon at least it runs rolls stops and doesn't melt down with this goofy subaru motor in it. Its also amasing how a normally placid engine from a subaru legacy can transform one of these cars into a little rocket.

Good Luck and thanks to all of those that have helped me piece together a 914
914coop
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 4 2011, 07:51 PM) *

agree.gif also
Rand
Totally with ya Jamie. The best online to realworld community ever.

Although I have to say, no matter what all the crazy drama that has come along, I've never let it phase me. I've just laughed with it and enjoyed the entertainment.

Love this place, the people that make it, and look forward to the next event where we get to meet in person again. See you all in Methford. Um, I mean WCC 2011!!

[edit] Just realized I said WCC... It's WCR now, right? Oops. Well again, points to the classic camaraderie. Same vein.
Cheapsnake
Amen Jamie!
skota
I just bought my car in October last year and spent much of the winter working on things to get it ready for spring, went to the DMV to get the collector plate forms filled out and sent in, turns out they dont issue temporary plates now with collector plates, need to wait another 3-4weeks sad.gif

JRust
chatsmiley.gif dance.gif party.gif grouphug.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Apr 4 2011, 09:21 PM) *

iM STILL WAITING FOR THE RAIN TO STOP!!It is fun here,and yep,these cars are a kick!I love em so much I have 4 right now! screwy.gif Thanks to the guys that run this thing!

Kind of like crack ..... but the good kind.....can't have just one.

You know I talk to people all the time and the one thing that I try to bring up is that as a 914 owner, this website is a HUGE resource for 914ers. Knowledge (some more than others), guys that are willing to actually help each other out (even if beer is involved as a motivator). We have a large group our guys with parts stashes that don't want "commercial" prices for used parts, which is in and of itself a huge step forward for the restoration of the cars we love.

We are a community, kept bound together by the individuals that are working behind the sceens for no finnancial gain. That is very rare. Thanks to all of you that are contributing to our hobby through participation in our events and helping others, lets keep up the good Karma. Or is it Carma biggrin.gif
dw914er
Took mine out today even though it was sprinkling. I love that little car wub.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.