Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where should I list my 914 repair business for sale here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sww914
I want to sell my shop but I can't really tell where to list it in the classifieds, what can you recommend? Most of my work is 914's so it's not like it's not 914 related but it certainly isn't a car or parts and it isn't on ebay so that doesn't apply either.
SirAndy
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 5 2011, 07:02 PM) *
I want to sell my shop but I can't really tell where to list it in the classifieds, what can you recommend? Most of my work is 914's so it's not like it's not 914 related but it certainly isn't a car or parts and it isn't on ebay so that doesn't apply either.

I don't think we really have a category for that here ... confused24.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 5 2011, 10:02 PM) *

The link to protonmotorsports seems to go to another site.

rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 5 2011, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 5 2011, 10:02 PM) *

The link to protonmotorsports seems to go to another site.

rich

agree.gif
sww914
WOW! Thanks you guys, it looks like I got hacked in the last couple days.
We're working in it...
Rand
Oy.
computers4kids
What about the vendor section? You're are selling a product that is near and dear to us all.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 5 2011, 11:07 PM) *

We're working in it...

Man! mad.gif Those guys need to get a life! ar15.gif

As long as you posted it here you may as well tell us about it.
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Are you selling a building? Equiptment, customer list? Rent? Any licensing for EPA and stuff? Employees?

You never know where life leads assimilate.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 6 2011, 11:03 AM) *

We're working in it...

Are you selling a building? Equiptment, customer list? Rent? Any licensing for EPA and stuff? Employees?

please do tell.
Although I really need to get back to my day job.

Rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 6 2011, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 6 2011, 11:03 AM) *

We're working in it...

please do tell.
Although I really need to get back to my day job.

Rich

Me too..but... popcorn[1].gif
sww914
To answer your questions, I have a Porsche repair shop for sale in San Luis Obispo, Ca. Fully equipped with a lift, 3 bays, big air comressor, and an excellent location on the main street in town. Plenty of parking and a really friendly bunch of neighbors and the landlords are sane.
San Luis Obispo was recently voted "The happiest City in America" by some magazine and then Oprah sent a crew here to do a silly little film.

It really is a nice place to live, almost no crime, traffic or pollution and close to the Pacfic Ocean, about 10 or 15 minutes away from the fog. Pretty nice weather too, lots of sun.
I have a client list and records for the last 2 years. I was in business for 3 years before that but working out of my garage.
I have all of the tools and equipment to have a very nice setup for Porsche mechanical, body & paint, and racecar fabrication. Most of my racecar customers are 911 guys and almost all of the rest of my business is 914's.
I'll be taking all of my hand tools because I still have a big boat to build but everything else stays, lots of good used Porsche parts, hardware, various adhesives, lubricants, and aerosols that are necessary to run a shop, Floor jacks and jack stands, a MIG welder, all of the special guns to match OEM seam sealer and rocker guard textures, sprayguns, office eqiupment, benches, shelves, engine stands, you get the idea. Over $25,000.00 worth of tools and equipment. You'll need your hand tools an you'll have a running shop in a beautiful place to live.
No outstanding debt and all licenses and permits are in place. A good website will be included as well. I have one employee, known here as cliffbraun.
I've based this place on relationships and have very loyal customers.

As you know, I have a 40 foot sailboat that still needs some work and I want to get it finished, in the water, and ready to go cruise the world and it's gotten to the point that this business is slowing that project down.
The whole package,
$20,000.00 OBO

Here are a couple of pics showing a 911 with the shop in the background and one of Roger Sheridan's MGA that shows some of the inside. I'll clean up and post more pictures soon.
Now that I think about it, the money I made (gross) on those 2 cars is almost equal to what I'm asking for the whole shop.
sww914
1/2 Price!
$10,000.00
I am injured and I can't continue but I don't want to see the place die.
SirAndy
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 15 2011, 09:01 AM) *
1/2 Price! $10,000.00

Damn, if i were near SLO, i would give you that just so i could have a place to work on my car ...
cheer.gif
mepstein
I would talk to whoever the commecial Realtor is in your area that does a lot of business. You don't pay them until the place is sold. Also look into an auction. Maybe your local Porsche/hotrod club will all pitch in and have a place to work on their cars. If shop doesn't sell, part it out. Good luck, Mark
Drums66

1/2 Price!
$10,000.00
I am injured and I can't continue but I don't want to see the place die.

....In Cali that has to be the monthly rent! poke.gif idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
Hammy

$10,000.00

blink.gif typo?
sww914
No typo, I need to stop. The rent is $1600.00 a month, month to month, and one could negotiate it lower with a lease I'm sure.
mepstein
Also contact your past clients and ask if any of them want to buy. even if they don't, that group is more likely to know someone who will, especially at that price!
turboman808
Man if I lived there I would be all over this. Great deal!
VaccaRabite
Why don't you live near me?
I would do this, but you a re a few thousand miles away.

Zach
sww914
I've heard YOU GUYS, yes, you guys complaining about the weather many times. You don't have to live like that, you can move. smile.gif
Your mom will come visit, I promise.
Steve
It is beautiful down here. Everyday all year around is just another beautiful day to drive or work on your car. The only downside is the state taxes are 9.75%. Traffic is also brutal at times but SLO is far enough North that you don't have to experiece that problem.
sww914
New lower lower price, $8000.00
If you're at all interested you should check this place out. You can roll in your tool box and go to work. That's it.
CliffBraun
Damn, That's a great deal. I wish I weren't just a poor college student. I can think of 8k of stuff without thinking about more than 10 square feet of shop. (scales, drill press, work benches, welder....)

I know that I've personally been paid a fair amount to spend time on improvements on the shop. The big thing was Plumbed air lines to the compressor out back, makes the place amazing to work in.

I have mixed feelings about this, I want lots of the stuff that you'd be selling with the shop, but it'd be great to have in the area still. Especially if whomever bought it still wanted to pay me!
RFoulds
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 27 2011, 07:10 PM) *

New lower lower price, $8000.00
If you're at all interested you should check this place out. You can roll in your tool box and go to work. That's it.

You are f'ing killing me.

sww914
I'm hurt and I can't do this anymore. $6500.00 and I get to learn how to make pizzas.
racerbvd
If I was only closer,
sww914
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
mepstein
Part it out. Just like our cars, it's worth more in pieces.
sww914
You're right but I'm running out of time. I want to set sail for Mexico & beyond in September at the end of hurricane season.
mepstein
That's why you need to part it, rather than try to sell to the 1 in a million buyer. Have a parts and tools "garage sale". Advertise in the online car sites and Craigslist. 1 day sale - everything must go. No reasonable offer refused. Make a list of the good stuff. Offer to drive big stuff like the lift to buyers home and assemble and you'll get more money. Or just cash and carry at blowout prices.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.