Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Please respond only if you are going to WCC. And please, if you are going to WCC RESPOND. We need to setup necessary instruction.

Thanks! biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
I am in the Zip, Zilch, Zero, Nada category so how can I vote? biggrin.gif
seanery
sorry Jeff, I fixed it. Now you can vote.
Mueller
1 time in a stock 914
2 times in my 911....might as well be a rookie.....
Howard
Lots of times but 30+ years ago in a 356. Novice again.
EdwardBlume
If you vote NEVER please add a post and let us know who you are. We want to make sure we have enough instructors. Thanks! R
bernbomb914
I have never tried autox but used to have a national lic with scca way back in the dark ages.

Bernie
Jenny
Guilty. I was one of the silent voters. Never AX in my life. My orange car can testify.

Jen
rick 918-S
I guess drag racing don't count.... ZIP! confused24.gif Don't have a clue....
GWN7
None. But unless I can run the Avis rental it dosen't matter. biggrin.gif

1/4 mile dosen't count? biggrin.gif You mean you have to turn the wheel? biggrin.gif
Jenny
Geez, I'll bet right about now Rob's wondering why we incorporated an AX at all!! I can't wait to get out there, that's for sure. My confidence in my driving ability as well as the car has diminished a lot since the accident. sad.gif

Jen
ChrisReale
I have a year under my belt MDB2.gif
neo914-6
I'm going to come in my Benz w/daughter as spectators. You can remove my vote unless you let me run my Benz hahaha. laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
The ratio is key. We're looking good. It will be fun for everybody. wink.gif
DNHunt
I've run 4. Absolute ball. If the wife doesn't run and I don't think she will my car can use a second driver. It literally eats cones. Hauls them around for awhile then spits them out. Die cones! Die!! fighting19.gif fighting19.gif

Dave
Dave_Darling
Heh... "Josh2" Hadler got a vanity plate for his 914: "CONIVOR". lol3.gif

I was once an instructor, back when I had a running 914. (Yeah, we had to dodge dinosaurs and not just cones that long ago!) I wonder if my credentials will still hold up?

--DD
Andyrew
I think I've got 5 or 6, but I put 3-5 cus I aint in the "or more" catigory..

lol
nine14cats
Rob and Demick,

I've got 18 auto-x's in a 914 and 4 in a 930. I'm also an instructor in LPR and GGR.

If you need me, I will volunteer to instruct. Just let me know. I'll be in town for the WCC, so I'll contact you offline about Doris and I helping to setup and tech and whatever else is needed.

Thanks,

Bill and Doris Pickering
VegasRacer
NONE, EVER!! [ 7 ]   [25.93%]

I'm a little surprised we have that many virgins here.
Andyrew
I'm a little surprised we have that many virgins here.

The past 2 auto x's ive been two their where like 20 first time drivers.

Thats alot!!!

Andrew
Bruce Allert
I wished I could come down for the WCC. Wanted to & was planing on it but the dates conflict with the Island vacation we do every year.

But I do luv AX. Most fun thing I've done.... EVER! MDB2.gif rocking nana.gif

......b
Mike D.
I'm #8 never done it...

What about a helmet, will there be nice smelly loaners?
skline
The only one I ever did was in a Mazda at the Rev it up event. So I put once. Never in a 914 yet. Not even sure if I should in my Chalon. I am installing front and rear sway bars and stiffening the chassis and control arms. But with the extra weight, I heard its not that great. Has anyone done it?
Otmar
Hell, I have a blast AXing in my 3000 lb 914, and I don't have any chassis stiffeners.
I'll do something about that when I start to see cracks. Brad keeps asking me if it's broken yet, what up wit dat? wink.gif

I say don't worry about weight. Just have fun. MDB2.gif
serge914
Otmar, there is something wrong with that link at the the bottom of your post.
Mueller
serge914,

try this one:
Electric 914

Otmar has an extra http:// in his link
seanery
Otmar's link has been corrected.
EdwardBlume
OK, so we have a few newbies... that's fine. It'll be a short course and between two run groups, we'll be OK.

Bill, we'd love to have volunteers. Would you really be available for setup, etc. Are you running the GGR event that day?

Yes there are loaner helmets available. Its best to bring one (Snell 90 or later) if you can.

THanks, R
Brad Roberts
SWEET Otmar made it to the club site... clap56.gif clap56.gif

I have done a few AutoX's.

I can instruct/setup

B
nine14cats
Hi Rob,

Doris and I can help setup, instruct, tech, water the plants, do the dishes, etc. laugh.gif I don't see how we could run both GGR and WCC even if they are side by side. So....it's WCC!

For those that don't know, GGR uses your top 6 out of 8 or 6 out of 9 placings to rank your overall class at year end...you don't need to go to all events to place in the standings....

Go WCC smilie_pokal.gif

Bill and Doris Pickering
ppickerell
My son and I will volunteer for any field work or course setup or whatever. This will be our 2nd time out. I am trying to convince the wife that we need a second set of cookies and donuts for the course.
Patrick
jimtab
QUOTE(Jenny @ May 4 2004, 06:00 PM)
Guilty. I was one of the silent voters. Never AX in my life. My orange car can testify.

Jen

But Jen, you've got valuable crash experience...wheel to wheel stuff, don't worry...be happy. MDB2.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Mike T
I've been (SCCA)autocrossing since 1978, 10 to 15 events a year. Been autocrossing a 914 since 1995. Not going to WCC, not sure at this moment exactly what WCC is actually. Done instructing at my local region level as well. Be glad to assist anyone in a 914 (or not) at any event I get to.

Mike T
Dave_Darling
WCC info can be found by clicking the button in the upper right of every page on this BBS.
IPB Image

Here's the link... http://www.914world.com/westcoastclassic/

--DD
Jake Raby
I'll be sponsoring the Autocross for you guys! I can't be there, so I did the next best thing!
nine14cats
Many thanks Jake for sponsoring the auto-x smilie_pokal.gif

Hopefully we will see you on the left coast some day!

Bill P.
Jake Raby
Your welcome....

If I leave for more than a day everything goes to hell in a hand basket! I'm still trying to catch up from my dad being in the hospital for 10 days....

Events cost me so much time in preparation that the week before is wasted, and so is the week after...

PLUS I have to act all professional and stuff, I ain't very good at that! just makin power!
GWN7
Darn, I was hopeing you show up and blow something up for us Jake biggrin.gif

Next week I'll go up to the farm and blow up some stumps there in your honor. smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
Jake, maybe you should show up here in the fall for the Fall Foliage Classic. It's not that far from home. biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
I cannot go anywhere until this 3 liter has my heads on it and makes 250 BHP on pump gas!

Its driving me nuts! Been trying to get the right cam for 4 weeks.. Finmally decided on 10:1 CR to really show the power differences between the heads I will be trading out on it during the test work.

I'm pretty much out of the loop this year for events, maybe next year I'll be stable enough and have the plate cleaned off a little bit more.
EdwardBlume
Anymore folks to weigh in on the WCC experience poll???
PatW
QUOTE(cavwpguy @ May 14 2004, 09:45 PM)
Anymore folks to weigh in on the WCC experience poll???

Two Barber driving schools. GGR Autocross School & One LPR Autocross.

Pat
grantsfo
2 AX's one in my Boxster and one in my Echo last year.

1 POC Short Track DE in my 914 2 years ago

3 day Russell School driving formula car at Infineon this year
Keith Sammons
wacko.gif The last of approx 9 AX's was at Pleasanton Fairgrounds in 1960 in a '42 Willys w/'48 Merc flathead, LaSalle 3spd.

KK
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.