Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW Tranny Coming Out Party
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
Well, we're inside a month to the 'real' Dr.s arrival for the tranny clinic. Prior to that, I need to pull my tranny and a few of you may be in the same boat. I'm looking for a couple of guys who are interested in a get together to pull their boxes and then store their car in my garage til the week after the clinic when we can have another session to stuff those boxes back in their respective cars. I figure I can store 2 cars inside, one on the rack and one underneath. I also have plenty of space outside for additional cars if you don't mind leaving your car out for a bit. With a few sets of hands we could handle the R&R quick and painless.

If there's any interest, we could even make it a flesh roasting. Who's in?.....or coming out? blink.gif
JRust
Unfortunately for me. Or maybe fortunately for me confused24.gif . My transmissions are all out of the cars allready dry.gif . Sounds like a good plan to get them out though piratenanner.gif
KELTY360
Anybody? Maybe I should just add this to the official clinic thread, but I didn't want to muddy that one up in case some important news comes along,
jimtab
I was just about to try and figure out why we needed a chicks with dicks thread in the garage and suggest it be moved to he sandbox....never mind.....
KELTY360
QUOTE(jimtab @ Apr 8 2011, 08:13 PM) *

I was just about to try and figure out why we needed a chicks with dicks thread in the garage and suggest it be moved to he sandbox....never mind.....

Hope you didn't spend too much time in that scary place. barf.gif Not that there's anything wrong with it.
PanelBilly
I'll help
Eddie914
Marc,

I would love to take you up on the offer. Unfortunately, my teener came home on a trailer March 25 from the IRDC track day Bremerton Raceway. The speedo drive gear is sticking out the back of the transmission case. Ouch!

I have two other side shift transaxles out of the car already.

One has suspected bearing failure - very noisy with lots of junk in the oil. I ran it at the track for six years behind 2.7 and 3.2 six cylinder engines so it has lots of hard use.

The other is of pretty much an unknown, but supposedly has 125K. It has not been used in years but goes into gear easily. It was the dirtiest gearbox I have every seen. $6.00 at the high pressure self-service car wash barely got the cleaning job started. I was planning on installing it "as is" for testing while I took the other two boxes to the rebuild clinic.

I think it will be easier to do the swap in my drafty carport rather than transporting to Marc's place.

Since I run my own Public Accounting Practice, not much is going to get done on the car until after April 15th.

Maybe I can sponser a Teener Tuesday on 04/19 or 04/26 for the transmission reseal and swap project. Who knows? Maybe spring will arrive and we can fire up the grill and ice down some barley pop!

Cheers,

Eddie

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.