Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Toy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
welder.gif woo hoo no more crappy mirror holes in my door. I fixed the break that keeps the inside handle from workin too!

It took my a little bit of time to regain my high school metal shop skills... I have always felt that anyone can learn to replace parts, but a mechanic can fabricate parts!
Just one more step on the journey. if AL would come over, I could get moving a little faster, hint hint, frog-car-man!
I too pay off in beer3.gif
ablose58
Don't need pay in beer3.gif I will be more than happy to come over on sat. morn. sorry I couldn't make it over last week but I am really booked up but I will make time to come over. biggrin.gif AL
dinomium
No problem, Al. I was not being as clear as I wanted to be. I want to learn some technique from you on working with metal.
When you have some time is all good. Springtime, there are ONE MILLION tasks to do.
But in the mean time, be thinking of front sway bar mounts wink.gif the u tabs on the A arms...
Cheers!
Dino
red914
so, dino, you have the welder up and running! you are going to have some fun with that! can't wait to see how the mirror holes look all welded up. i'd offer to come down and dismantle while you weld (ead: drink your bourbon laugh.gif ), but, alas, this weekend is booked solid. i would like to do just that, though. your project car(s) is(are) very intriguing.

i am sending you a PM, btw. and i still think a movie night is a good idea!
415PB
Dino, can you tell me a little about your mig. I have been looking around at some and want to get one. I dont know how to weld, but am willing to learn...I need to buy one soon.
Rusty
I love my welder. My welder is my friend. I will hug him, and sqeeze him and pet him and call him George. wub.gif

Tomorrow or Saturday, I get to go play with a plasma cutter. Gonna be wicked cool. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
ablose58
Hey rusty:shades: Oh dino i do believe that I have lower arms w\tabs already on! wacko.gif AL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.