Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Added new feature to the Classifieds section ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
I added a new feature to the Classifieds section.

You can now get a list of recent and active eBay auctions for 914 related items as well as current 914 related Ads from CraigsList.

I added two new forums to the Classifieds section:

1. eBay - 914 related Ads (RSS)

2. CraigsList - 914 related Ads (RSS)

The latest auctions and ads are always on top of the list. Inside the thread is a short description of the item and a image (if available) as well as a link to the actual page at eBay or CL.

Currently, i only have two regions for the CL ads, Nor-Cal and So-Cal. The areas included for those regions are listed under the region title.
Unfortunately, i have to add each CL area to the new feature by hand, so it will take some time on my end to expand the list of supported CL areas.

If you live in a active CL area, please let me know so i can add that to the list ...

type.gif
SirAndy
Oh, and i added a few more RSS exports to the site.

You can now subscribe to the following RSS streams:

- 914World Classifieds - Parts
- 914World eBay Ads
- 914World Craigs List Ads
- 914World Classifieds - Cars
- 914World Classifieds - Other stuff

type.gif
jaxdream
Great , now more parts to surf piratenanner.gif !!!!! Thanks Andy !! aktion035.gif

Jack / Jaxdream
76-914
agree.gif Just as blurry for me. poke.gif Like one of your pic's, Andy. We need you to splain sum tings for us.

EDIT: Andy, add the Inland Empire, pls
moparrob
OK, on the one hand - thank you for all the effort in creating this great resource of additional, local 914 parts.

However, on the other hand, DAMN YOU man, for giving me another source to peruse, review, and obsess over as I look for yet additional cars and parts to add to this insatiable 'hobby' that I have become involved with. headbang.gif

"Hi my name is Rob and I spend 3 hours a day looking at 914 related content"

(in unison) "HI ROB"
SirAndy
QUOTE(esses62 @ Apr 8 2011, 05:51 PM) *
RSS confused24.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 8 2011, 06:21 PM) *
We need you to splain sum tings for us.

I'm scraping 914 related ads and auctions off ebay and craigslist and throw them into two new forums under the classifieds section.

Each scraped ad or auction here is only a brief description of the item and a link to the actual auction or ad.

Is that blurry enough for 'ya? shades.gif
Mike Bellis
Awesome! Thanks Andy beerchug.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(moparrob @ Apr 8 2011, 06:35 PM) *

OK, on the one hand - thank you for all the effort in creating this great resource of additional, local 914 parts.

However, on the other hand, DAMN YOU man, for giving me another source to peruse, review, and obsess over as I look for yet additional cars and parts to add to this insatiable 'hobby' that I have become involved with. headbang.gif

"Hi my name is Rob and I spend 3 hours a day looking at 914 related content"

(in unison) "HI ROB"

Lol, seriously. You're gonna make me spend money buying a bunch of 914's that I don't need. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 8 2011, 06:21 PM) *
Andy, add the Inland Empire, pls

Done! beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Cool!
914itis
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 8 2011, 11:19 PM) *

Cool!

H popcorn[1].gif m...we need NY and NJ
Tom_T
Thanx Andy! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ppetion @ Apr 8 2011, 08:36 PM) *

Done ... beerchug.gif
914itis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 9 2011, 05:13 PM) *

Done ... beerchug.gif

Thank you Sir!
SirAndy
QUOTE(ppetion @ Apr 9 2011, 02:17 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 9 2011, 05:13 PM) *
Done ... beerchug.gif
Thank you Sir!

Crap, i just noticed that my script is picking up a lot of unrelated items because there happens to be a "914" area code in NY ...

My search terms are "Porsche" and "914" so any Ad with Porsche and a 914 phone number will be picked up too.

Not sure if i can find a workaround for that ...
dry.gif
montoya 73 2.0
"Porsche" and "porsche 914" confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 10 2011, 12:48 PM) *

"Porsche" and "porsche 914" confused24.gif

But then i lose all the ones where people don't put Porsche and 914 right next to each other. I don't think i want to do that either ...

confused24.gif
URY914
Sorry but I don't like how it clogs up the "View New Posts" feature. Brad did this on the site and discontinued it after awhile.
mepstein
agree.gif Club does it and it looks like a craigslist forum.
carr914
agree.gif
Gint
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 23 2011, 07:50 PM) *
Sorry but I don't like how it clogs up the "View New Posts" feature. Brad did this on the site and discontinued it after awhile.
agree.gif That's similar to what I said. I'd rather see them separated out from the classified forums. From the main forum page the classified forum always shows as unread now. Not the biggest problem in the world, but...
PanelBilly
I think the idea is great, but I'd like to see the listing of members stuff in a separate place. I'd rather buy and sell to my friends first and look outside the family if I only have to
SirAndy
I can add some custom code so that they are filtered out of the "View New Posts" list.

There's really no easy way to get them out of there.
type.gif
carr914
I gotta call stromberg.gif on this !

Today, I have Titles of Ads for Boxsters, Miatas, 350Z and VW Bus's

Why clog up the Greatest Porsche 914 Site with this crap?
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 24 2011, 05:29 PM) *

Because the script is looking for KEYWORDS. It's all automated. If some guy types a phone number that includes 914 in his Ad, the script will pick it up. That simple.

And i already said i can add some custom scripting to not show the Ads in the new posts list.

So take your stromberg.gif and shove it up yours. Thank you very much ... beerchug.gif
mepstein
"And i already said i can add some custom scripting to not show the Ads in the new posts list."

That would be perfect! smile.gif
SirAndy
Alright, done ... type.gif

The new forums with the RSS feeds from eBay and Craigslist are now ignored when you click on the "View New Posts" link.

They are, however, still included if you do a regular search using the search form.

Happy now, yer cranky ole lads? rolleyes.gif
carr914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2011, 01:19 PM) *

So take your stromberg.gif and shove it up yours. Thank you very much ... beerchug.gif

Nice, Very Nice
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 25 2011, 12:49 PM) *

Nice, Very Nice

Well, you started with the stromberg.gif and i hadn't had any coffee yet on a monday morning, so there ... smile.gif
carr914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 25 2011, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 25 2011, 12:49 PM) *

Nice, Very Nice

Well, you started with the stromberg.gif and i hadn't had any coffee yet on a monday morning, so there ... smile.gif

Got Me... morning1.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.