Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: went camping last month with the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
So then, since it's been a couple of years since I've experienced any real torture, It's time to go to Cloudland Canyon and since something has recently gone wrong with my ankle it's the perfect time since last time I had an enlarged spleen and it wouldn't be fun if it was easy would it. Lets see, hike a few miles to get to the 600+ stairs that lead to the waterfalls and other trails inside the canyon, finish hiking in the canyon, go back up the 600+ stairs and walk a few more miles to camp. I'm not sure how many trips down the canyon I'll be making this time around but it is sure to be strenuous and painful, good times!

That means I'll be packing the 914 with everything needed to keep two people happy for 4 days in the woods. I've decided to not bring a cooler since the only ones I have found that fit are soft-sided and after a couple of days at Petit last year I didn't really trust my meat, We'll have freeze dried food, granola and oatmeal. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fit everything as this time we're keeping it simple.

I'll take some pictures of the car loaded up as long as it looks funny, and try to get some with the car by the canyon. popcorn[1].gif

Leaving tuesday, wish me luck, I think the car will make it fine...

locust.gif
Jeffs9146
Bring the ice chest and go down to Safeway (Vons?) and pick up some Dry Ice! Put all your frozen foods in that ice chest and you should be good for 4 days! Just remember to pull your meat out early that Dry Ice makes it super hard!
raw1298
I have used the freeze dryed food many times. I think it works and tastes pretty good. As long as there is room for beer!! beer3.gif
ripper911
I promised pictures.

IPB Image
Not a pic off off the canyon, but it proves we were in the woods.

IPB Image
Mountain fog

IPB Image
NO ETHANOL!!!!

IPB Image
Smokey wanted to go.

The car did well the whole way, head gasket leak and all! beerchug.gif
Drums66
.....Cool trip!....I like the daring cat pic? poke.gif
bye1.gif driving.gif smoke.gif
eric9144
Who can resist the opportunity to get a pic of some p*ssy on the hood of a hot car...just saying! shades.gif
ewdysar
QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 18 2011, 03:58 PM) *

Who can resist the opportunity to get a pic of some p*ssy on the hood of a hot car...just saying! shades.gif

agree.gif
ripper911
And best of all, gas with no ethanol!

It was in interesting trip, packed everything up and thought it was all good.
Got there and we forgot the food!!! sad.gif

Had to live on smores and oatmeal for two days before we had my mother overnight the food by UPS.

Cloudland canyon has the best trails, had a blast! Left a day early because everyone was calling to say that we should leave because tornados were on the way, so we left and had to drive right through the worst of it the whole way back. scuba.gif

914 shifter
QUOTE(ripper911 @ May 18 2011, 08:04 AM) *

I promised pictures.

IPB Image
Not a pic off off the canyon, but it proves we were in the woods.

IPB Image
Mountain fog

IPB Image
NO ETHANOL!!!!

IPB Image
Smokey wanted to go.

The car did well the whole way, head gasket leak and all! beerchug.gif

cool cat 14.gif
rfuerst911sc
Ripper I sent you a PM.
ripper911
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ May 20 2011, 04:27 PM) *

Ripper I sent you a PM.

sunglasses.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.