Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Which one were you?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
So I was driving into the office this morning in the teener, top off.

On the freeway, I must have passed about 8 or 10 school buses loaded with kids on their way to school.

There are always kids that look and point at the car. I think that is cool because we need these kids to like 914s too. They are the future of our hobby and car enthusiasts in general.

So the question is; Were you one of the kids that saw a neat car and said "What's that?" Or, were you the kid that told everyone "Hey, that's a Porsche 914."

- Joe
DrifterJay
the first one I ever saw I purchased....I am a kid... cool_shades.gif
TheCabinetmaker
uh, there were no 914's when I rode on a school bus.
Levi
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 5 2004, 10:22 AM)
uh, there were no 914's when I rode on a school bus.

Ditto....

There where Corvette's tho.....
#1RAGE
I definitely get that reaction when passing school buses. Same thing when I pass schools. Usually I hear kids yelling "A porsh! A porsh!" boldblue.gif Yeah I know how to spell it.. that is just how they say it usually.

Sometimes I get more attention then I'd like but I don't usually mind it.
Chris H.
I definitely knew what they were from early on. Always liked 'em.
SirAndy
no 914s in germany in the '70s ...

the first one i saw was probably around '80, no more school-bus riding by then wink.gif
Andy
TonyAKAVW
If I had ridden school busses I would have been programming a calculator or some other nerd activity. I had zero interest in cars until I got into college. Didn't even get my drivers license until I was 18. Don't know what happened but a light switch in my head clicked and I got interested in 914s.

-Tony
Aaron Cox
yeah, my car is the daily driver to high school. people tell me they like it ( it has body work and primer on one fender, and is half stipped for paint lol) but they love my crazy driving while riding it!
seanery
I would have made fun of it back then. I woulda called it a wanna-be-with-a-bug-motor-can't-even-get-in-the-porsche-club-with-those-piece-of-shit-cars. 3 years later I owned on. wacko.gif
SpecialK

ohmy.gif
Andyrew
Well, hmm, I dont think I ever saw a 914.. But I was the one (and still am) who tells everyone what car is what.

I've got a few followers at my school, but im considered car king. laugh.gif

Any questions and kids I dont even know come up to me..

It gets agrivating some times..

Andrew
MattR
I was the kind of kid who said "look, its a vw!"

I still go to therapy...
red914
i remember liking 914s back then (early 70s), as well as 911s. honestly, i never thought i'd own one; now i'm living the dream! driving.gif
anthony
In elementary school I was drawing pictures of BMW race cars and 911s. My uncle had brand new '72 914 which he later traded in for a '74 2L. And thus I was hooked at the age of 8.
TimT
I was one of the kids flicking boogers out the windows, and hangin moons at the cars..

oops did I just say that?!!

anywayz....my grandparents had a 356...whenever I visited them (which was alot... they lived about 3 mile from me) I got a ride in a 356... and helped gramps do oil changes and stuff on it when I was a kid...I think it was a really late 356 like an SC Coupe...

So I guess my point it Ive been Porsche savvy, and car savvy since I was in diapers

beerchug.gif
GWN7
I got to school the old fashioned way...walked. No such thing as school buses.
Chris H.
QUOTE(GWN7 @ May 5 2004, 07:51 PM)
I got to school the old fashioned way...walked. No such thing as school buses.

"Up hill both ways, 6 miles in the snow"? Me too.
Gint
I used to walk by a Signal Orange 1.7 every day on the way to school. I knew exactly what it was. I also knew *I* wanted a 914/6.

Now I have a LOT of 914/6 parts. laugh.gif
GWN7
"Up hill both ways, 6 miles in the snow"? Me too

That was my dad...up hill both ways...kicking a frozen hunk of horse poop on the way. biggrin.gif

I grew up in the inner city. No school buses. Then the powers that be said no school is too far away to walk to. Now I have 2 buses that stop on my street and pick up kids and the school is 15 houses away.
mikester
NARP!

Just kidding.

I had a bright yellow/green one around the corner from me when I was in highschool and I've wanted one ever since. It was the coolest car ever...

givemebeer.gif
maxwelj
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 5 2004, 03:49 PM)

Andy, You must not have been around Mannheim/Hiedelberg/Karlsruhe/Kaiserslautern during 1970-71. You would have seen my white -6 cruising the autobahns at 120mph. I ordered it based on the mittelmotor layout , without having even seen a picture or drawing. I wasn't disapointed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.