Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF Bay Area breakfast again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
It's about three months past that time again. Whaddaya say, 9:14 AM at the Original Pancake House in Fremont CA? The last Saturday of the month is 4/30. So let's get together and eat some pancakes and BS about our cars!

--DD
Mike Bellis
I'm in... My 914 wont be threre but I will...
tradisrad
yeah, I'll pencil it in.
ConeDodger
Just put it on the Kalieander... I will try and talk McPancakeMark into it too...

edit: got a tree down from the wind today. Guess I have to pass while I clean this up... sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 9 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Just put it on the Kalieander...

agree.gif

I'll be there! chowtime.gif
strawman
Damn, I keep missing these. I'm gonna be hungover in Vegas on that date/time...

beer3.gif
dem
Adding a bump and a sad.gif that I am busy that weekend. Soon, though, soon.
pt_700
in the unlikely event my 914 gets fixed (by me, hence the unlikelyness...) i'll drive it- meaning i'll ride my motorcycle...

looking forward to finally meeting some fellow teeners!
bfrymire
Don't think i can make it this time. (Graduation at UOP.) Not sure of the date. I will need to check.

-- brett
Lennies914
I'm in! piratenanner.gif

I need to try whatever that was McMark and his girl had last time. It looked good!
hydroliftin
Yes, I think I can make it.
MartyYeoman
I'm in. chowtime.gif
jeffdon
Gonna try and make it!
DanT
Maybe next time. You picked the GGR 3 day DE/TT/CR weekend.....of all weekends! biggrin.gif
I will be there in the tower directing traffic for all 3 days. wink.gif
McMark
IIRC, I just got a memo saying I'm going camping the last weekend in April. wink.gif
Mike Bellis
icon_bump.gif
jimtab
I'm always in for breakfast there.....
SirAndy
QUOTE(jimtab @ Apr 21 2011, 11:51 PM) *
I'm always in for breakfast there.....

agree.gif chowtime.gif
MartyYeoman
Bump
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif
SirAndy
yawn.gif morning1.gif
Mike Bellis
icon_bump.gif
SirAndy
cheer.gif
pt_700
nice to meet some of you bay area world members (he he, members...) in person today. nice day to be out for a drive (or ride). friendly knowledgeable people, cool 914s and great pancakes! what's not to enjoy!

however, the cars were so nice, i'm not sure if i'm disappointed not to have been able to drive mine or relieved not exposing it!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
pt_700
some more

jimtab
Had a great time talking in the parking lot and looking at the cars...some nice ones, especially an orange one that made me ashamed of how NOT CLEAN mine is.....but just for a minute....I hate cleaning cars......like looking at them tho.....great weather...if ya didn't come...ya screwed up.
pt_700
some more

pt_700
last one
jimtab
PT 700 said members...... huh.gif
Dave_Darling
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
And last but NOT LEAST, Amoy! She and Andy both have parasols. Not matching ones, though.

Click to view attachment

Good to see everyone, especially the folks I haven't met before! Some nice cars, too, and a wonderful day to drive your car.

--DD
ConeDodger
Wait, who's this clean-cut debonair lookin' dude? Reminds me of someone...
jeffdon
Had a blast hanging out. Its cool to talk folks that have our affliction. My non-914 friends tend to glaze over after I talk about 914s for more than a couple minutes.
dlkawashima
I just want echo the sentiments of others and say that I had a great time at the Pancake breakfast this morning. Being a newbie in 914 world, I spent a lot of my time picking the brains of all the others. And I found it interesting to see all the different custom touches done on the cars:

Peter's Red car with the BMW rear view mirror
Hisashi's Willow Green '72 with the very unusual alloy wheels
Jim's Saturn(?) Yellow car with the fiberglass bumpers
Jimtab's Zambezi Green 914 with the super nice interior redone in Mexico
Jeffdon's Silver 2056 with the polished Fuchs
... and of course Sir Andy's 305 horsepower monster

Click to view attachment
JimN73
Yeah, it was good to see people again, and the new folks I hadn't met before. I've forgotten most names.

My car is the yellow one, L13M. It was called Saturn Yellow in the 72 and 73 years, and Chrome Yellow in 74.

There's another yellow, L13K. Sunflower yellow in 73 and 74 and Summer yellow in 75 and 76.

My bit os 914 history.

Jim
hydroliftin
Hey, It was a good time. Don't know if this will work, but here is a panorama from my iPhone (didn't come out that well).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.