Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brem /closing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ablose58
Hey seattle dudes, I read the port orchard independent today and they are talking about closure of the track. Has anybody heard anything different? AL ar15.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
reverie
Link to the article (5/5/2004):
http://www.portorchardindependent.com/

If I'm reading correctly, the article says Bremerton Raceway is temporarily closed,
and the Port's Board of Commissioners is going to decide what happens next.

This cannot be true!! sad.gif
ablose58
I hope you are right about only being temporary! I will make me barf.gif And i will be really po'd if it closes cause itis so close for me to go. cool_shades.gif AL
reverie
It's stupid... people are acting like little children. I think when the NW PCA (and others) hear this news,
all kinds of hell is gonna break loose at those commissioner hearings.
ablose58
Well maybe people will wise up and mature, instead of acting like spoiled brats. laugh.gif biggrin.gif Yack.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(ablose58 @ May 6 2004, 12:34 AM)
Well maybe people will wise up and mature, instead of acting like spoiled brats.

when there are money and egos at stake, i wouldn't be betting my last sheckel...
rhodyguy
strange pissing match. for the axs, you don't get in without signing a waiver, period, and you don't have to get out of your car to do it. a card table? well i guess that's true. when you pay to race (after you sign the waiver upon entry), you register for your group and get your work assignment at 2 card tables. i don't know how much of a mess there could be in the tiny entrance booth. a couple of snickers wrappers? my guess it's really about $$$. as in the mangement would like to make more. there isn't much of a fascility to speak of actually. the faa? i don't think they are to worried about someone climbing a big fence, sprinting about 1/2 a mile and stealing a cessna.

kevin
Neal
What are the issues around the closure ?, are they in financial trouble, property tax's outstrip the track profits ?, what ?
Neal
I guess I should have followed the provided link, never mind !
seanery
what a bunch of fuckin' crybabies!
GaroldShaffer
when there are money and egos at stake, i wouldn't be betting my last sheckel...

agree.gif

To bad people can't just have a few beer3.gif and work things out.
dinomium
headbang.gif The Bremerton Sun ran this artical yesterday Sun Story about the strife between the Drag Racing group and the track management.
Weak!
I hate this kind of "Sandbox Politics"! The "Its my ball and I am going home" BS sux!
GROW UP! We only have a limited time before the Port of Bummerville decides to uses the grounds for aerospace again...

Rant on pause, but NOT OVER!
bs.gif confused24.gif
914werke
My .02,
Screw BRP...it is not maintained by anyone other than Handlers and thier focus is strictly Drags. The surface is F'ed and there is not meaningfull ..charactor.. to the track for anything but cone AX events or running straight up and down the armaco.

Th PNW racing community should come together and support the other NW tracks cuz its only time till this one sucumbs to the secureity "black hand " (read elimination of your freedoms under the guise of we know what best for you) and all of this squabbeling will mean nothing. If Gordon want to run a drag track like a business, he should do what other biz people do: create a biz plan, rustle up some investors, find some property, do some marketing, lobby the local chieftens, fight the zoning commisions ect ect.
Its not his turf. Hes just a user.

Can you tell Im feeliing opinianated today?
reverie
I guess it mainly hurts for this year, because groups have scheduled events at Bremerton, with many people attending, and with basically "no notice" they may not be able to re-schedule at other locations.

Life is short enough already.. sad.gif

I think I'll post those links on some other forums.
dinomium
There hasn't been any "news" on the three clubs that I use the track with (PCA,BSCC,SCCA) and nothing on the Handler's site. I think this might just be some saber rattling (IT BETTER F'ing BE!)
LS6/914
Interesting bit of whining from my drag racing buddies. Me thinks I will advise them to take a high colonic and go sit in the corner. On the other hand NHRA has not canceled any events yet. A lot of the pissing match started with serious garbage left at the track and finger pointing. Hopefully this will come to pass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.