Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nailed threads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
I feel that the nailed threads have gotten waaaay to cumbersome. I mean, really, 16 pages for a newbie to look at to see the handful of wheels that were OEM for the 914!?

The other areas are too cumbersome as well. Only the best photos of the best cars should be depicted. If the only decent photo of a 1970 914/6 interior shows an inappropriate radio, that pic gets deleted when a picture of 1970 914/6 with a correct radio becomes available.
As an example, a photo of my 1970/4 shows originality, except for the aftermarket steering wheel. When another good photo of a clean, all original '70/4 interior is shown, then that photo supercedes the picture that I posted of my car. In the interior photos , as an example, we can certainly show detail photos of specific areas, i.e. handbrakes, heating/vent controls, dash outlets, etc., but the effort should be to depict the best and most original examples of each model year.

So, do we want to cite only the best as an example of what was O.E.M., and also defer discussion in these areas to our forum, or leave it alone?
tod914
My preference is to see condensed threads as well. For Example; Steve's Sahara Beige thread. I'd prefer to see it with Steve's comments and photo examples only. Regarding the best examples. Idealy yes. If there are no other examples, then maybe something can be subsituted until one comes along.
MDG
I agree with Tod on both counts. On the Few and the Rare thread each car represented should be shown almost as a magazine article; photos and descriptions by owners. Period.

Discussions of, comments on and questions about those cars should be re-directed to the main O&E forum.
sixerdon
I couldn't agree more to all of the above.
Don

1970 Neun vierzehn
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

Please, more voting. This thread needs more input in the attempt to make the nailed threads more meaningful and relevant.
Pat Garvey
I agree that the nailed threads (most of them) are cumbersome. Don't want to lose 90% of the info, but need some help on how to blend them, rename them, make them more concise.

I'll do whatever the majority wishes, but will do nothing without helpful input.

Do you want me to go hardcore here, as it applies to originality? Remove all pics that have something that "I" decide is not original? Bad idea, as I am not perfect.

What about dealer installed options that are not on the COA of the car? Dump or allow?

What about restorations that might have a different hue or finish, like my steelies. Dump?

See my problem here? I don't want to be the bad anymore!
Pat
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Apr 15 2011, 02:31 PM) *

I agree that the nailed threads (most of them) are cumbersome.

Do you want me to go hardcore here, as it applies to originality? Remove all pics that have something that "I" decide is not original? Bad idea, as I am not perfect.

Pat

Hardcore, yes! OEM, yes!

As an example, my earlier reference to my '70/4; the interior is as OEM as possible and approaching concours condition, BUT it has an aftermarket steering wheel. The nailed thread would show the interior of my '70/4 as an example of what a 1970 914 1.7 should look like. However, if another 1970 1.7 photo with the correct OEM steering wheel is provided and said car is in similar condition, then that photo would replace mine as the example of a 1970 914 1.7. Dirty, ratty, unkempt and modified cars would not be shown unless no other picture of the specific area depicted could be provided.

Paul
1970 Neun vierzehn
1972 914 1.7 w/appearance group...............perfect example
1970 Neun vierzehn
1970 914 1.7 w/appearance group........good, but the s/w is wrong. When another photo is provided of a different '70/4 in similar or better condition, then that photo replaces the one shown.
tod914
Maybe do like I suggested on Steve's thread sometime ago. Have a discussion area for the nailed threads.. (i.e copy over the threads as is, to another area and leave them open for discussion; hence preserving all the comments). Then prune the original nailed threads so only the revelant info remains. Or in the instance of Steve's thread, only his posts. Just a suggestion.
1970 Neun vierzehn
[i]
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 16 2011, 05:04 AM) *

Maybe do like I suggested on Steve's thread sometime ago. Have a discussion area for the nailed threads.. (i.e copy over the threads as is, to another area and leave them open for discussion; hence preserving all the comments). Then prune the original nailed threads so only the revelant info remains. Or in the instance of Steve's thread, only his posts. Just a suggestion.

agree.gif

Nine votes! Nine votes? Nine friggin' votes!? Maybe this is a case where this topic has no relevance. confused24.gif
smontanaro
> Nine votes! Nine votes? Nine friggin' votes!?

Maybe most members don't regularly track this forum. Since you're thinking of making a significant change to the way these threads are managed, perhaps you should mention this over in the garage.

Skip
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Apr 17 2011, 05:24 AM) *

> Nine votes! Nine votes? Nine friggin' votes!?

Maybe most members don't regularly track this forum. Since you're thinking of making a significant change to the way these threads are managed, perhaps you should mention this over in the garage.

Skip

Good idea Skip! Done!
Pat
Pat Garvey
18 votes over nearly 2 weeks!

Could this be a non-issue?
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.