Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test fit of Brembo 4pots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
Just had my Brembo 4 pots machined to 89mm ( 3.5inch ) bolt spacing. So i've bolted them to test fit. I know they need a little detailing.
Got new pipes, hoses and clips and now I'm waiting for my turbo tie rods.
I'm thinking some nice drilled discs to replace the rusty ones that came with the 911 front suspension.
IPB Image
IPB Image
bwilless
What are you running for rear Calipers? What size Master Cylinder? I'm thinking about going this route and I want to know what to expect.

I've got M calipers on the rear, and a 19mm MC.

Thanks,
Brian
thesey914
Hmmm I haven't decided yet which rears to put on. I like the M caliper with the 911 handbrake conversion idea. At the moment its stock 914 rear callipers 19mm M/cylinder and no proportioning valve.
I need a handbrake for the MOT certificate to drive on the road....if ever get it back on the street biggrin.gif
thesey914
Brian I looked at your site, looks like you already have a nice set-up.
Looks like the SC rears on vented discs is the way to go according our leader.....
Can you tell me the piston size on the SC rear callipers?

One of my favourite combo's is the 944T fronts on 24mm Carrera rotors and SC rears on the rear with SC vented rotors and a 19mm MC.

Works well and doesn't cost a fortune.

B
bwilless
Sorry I don't have the info on the rear calipers. When I was going over the car we noticed that the PO had installed the 23mm MC by bending the floor board down so that the MC would fit. So, we put a 19mm in, and bent things back to where they should be. The 19 does not move the volume that the Huge JFZ front calipers need so I have a very soft break pedal. I also don't feel like I'm getting much break action to the rear breaks, I did remove the Porptioning valve.

I also have a problem with my front struts. I can't get any camber out of them. 1/4 positive on one side and 1/2 degitive on the other. So I'm going to replace the struts. I have a line on a set of bilstien struts that have been modified to take the 944 turbo calipers, so I'm thinking about going that route to take care of my strut problem at the same time as my break problem. I'm doing very well on the track and auto-x track with current issues, I can't wait to have a car that's setup correctly!
thesey914
Right I'm in the picture now..( I was looking at your 4 not your 6 ). Was the front strengthened to accept the front 935 coils? Those JFZ brakes are pretty huge. The rear SC pistons are 38mm scoured from thislink.
Eric_Shea
Brian,

Were you in Vegas last weekend?
soloracer
On evil-bay I bought a set of front and rear calipers w/pads from a 1990 C4 for $200 and then got a new 25.4mm master cylinder for $75. I'm concerned about the rear calipers and master cylinder. Do you guys foresee any major problems with these components? Is the master cylinder way too large? I also bought a set of carrera vented rotors for $125.
bwilless
Nothing done to strengthened the front for the coil overs. I'm concerned that I'm going to find stock torsion bars installed, when I go to the bilstien struts. I'm saving my pennies to redo the entire front end.

Larger Sway bar adjustable
torsion bars
shocks
struts
944 Turbo calipers
bushings
turbo tie rods

My goal is to have all this done by the end of Summer to drive at St Johns AZ airport with Pro Autosports.

I was not in Vegas last weekend, although I'll be there in June to get hiched.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.