Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heading to Boston tomorrow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
I have a trade show (Bio-IT) to go to Tuesday-Thursday. I get in tomorrow at 6pm. If anyone is up for a drink around 8:30 or 9ish let me know beerchug.gif I will be staying in the historic district.

Also get to go to a Redsox game on Wednesday piratenanner.gif
rwilner
I might be up for it, but I was running a low grade fever today so should probably take it easy. Oddly enough my wife is heading out to seattle tomorrow!
PeeGreen 914
Ha, well, if you feel like it let me know. Hope your wife has a safe trip. I'm really not looking forward to the flight but I am really looking forward to seeing Boston piratenanner.gif
PeeGreen 914
Walked around Boston all day today then worked the opening of the conference tonight. This city is awesome but a nightmare to drive if you're not familiar with it blink.gif

So many cool bars and pubs with great names.

Although, I have first hand experience that "Good Bar" is actually not good at all. dry.gif

Tomorrow night Fenway and a Sox game piratenanner.gif
rwilner
you are not initiated in boston until you have to drive someplace. It's all just paved over horse trails.

If you have some time and it's nice, walk the portion of the freedom trail (google it) that starts around boston common and goes through to faneuil hall. Passes tons of awesome bars and great history.
PeeGreen 914
I walked that earlier today. Amazing history and all with all the cool facts posted well.

I am already fitting in with the locals in driving. I am now making it a point to use my horn as often as I can happy11.gif . I still don't get why some honk when there is no where for anyone to go blink.gif
r_towle
Jon,
Sorry to have missed you, I am in DC for a few days this week.

Have fun at the game...its a gtreat and historic park to see a game.

Rich
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 10 2011, 12:19 PM) *

I have a trade show (Bio-IT) to go to Tuesday-Thursday. I get in tomorrow at 6pm. If anyone is up for a drink around 8:30 or 9ish let me know beerchug.gif I will be staying in the historic district.

Also get to go to a Redsox game on Wednesday piratenanner.gif

If you had a little more time I'd say take a side trip down to CFR. We're about 2 hours from Boston.
Sounds like you're having a good time at least. smile.gif
chandler1969
I was in Boston this past weekend. Although we stayed at a hotel in Foxborough. had to see Gillette Stadium. Learned the train system pretty quick. Boston is a great town! We enjoyed walking the Freedom trail. The beer, food and people were/are great! Cant wait to go again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.