Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun with a WCC 2004 Rallye Shield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
JeffBowlsby
There are several places to mount the Rallye Shields for the WCC 2004. I played with a full size mock-up to generate a few ideas. It can be zip tied or taped to the fog light grilles, front hood or inside windshield. Maybe you have other ideas? There will be no standard location because I know you will want to select your own location for your car, but they should be visible from the front like it would be on a European Rallye car.

Each Rallye Shield is about ~12.5” by 6” and has mounting holes predrilled. This mock up is greyscale…the real ones are RED with black and white accents. The two red boxes are spaces for the pre-assigned car numbers which will be pre-installed. Each paid Principal Registrant will receive one at the 914 WCC 2004. The RS have been designed and imported from Europe exclusively for the WCC 2004. Unquantifiable thanks go to Jeroen for putting these together for us.

Where will you mount yours?
JeffBowlsby
Taped on
JeffBowlsby
Too cluttered to me...
JeffBowlsby
from inside
JeffBowlsby
df
JeffBowlsby
dgh
JeffBowlsby
dfh
JeffBowlsby
Visor up
JeffBowlsby
Visor down
JeffBowlsby
gfjh
JeffBowlsby
hjk
JeffBowlsby
uyi
JeffBowlsby
Oh and here is the RS art:
mightyohm
Remind me to bring some magnetic tape so I can stick it on the hood! biggrin.gif
Jenny
passenger dash. Easy to spot, but not really in the way.

Another idea. It'd look cool if we had them all ziptied to fog light grill, and lined the cars up in a curve so we caught a glimpse of every car and its RS. Y'know, sorta staggered.

Jen
Howard
As always, Jen is correct in matters of good taste and appearance. Would be a great photo!
JeffBowlsby
SirAndy and others dont have fog light grilles tho...

unsure.gif
Jenny
Too bad for them. Just kidding!! Maybe they can use double sided tape or something. I still think that would make for a nice photo op.

Jen
skline
No fog light grilles on mine either, Chalon uses a 911 style front and rear bumpers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.