Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: True Story
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wheelo
So, I am waiting in the "Pick-up-line" yesterday at my daughter's elementary school... (in my teener).
When one of the 4th grade boys comes-up to the passenger side window..." hey, is that a 914?" he says.... I reply,"Yeah, it is"..... "sweeeet !" says the kid and runs-off. A few minutes later...another boy pops-up at the window...."hey, is that a 914?" he says... I reply " yeah, it's a 1973"... "wow ! my dad has one just like-it, Awesome!" he says, and takes-off... finally my daughter arrives to get-in,
(she loves when I pick-up with 914), big smile.... and another boy pops-up, " Ohhh, your lucky, THAT's your car", he says to my daughter... clap56.gif
I am glad to represent !!
And that future 914 enthusiast are guaranteed !!
seanery
I expected to hear...

...a couple seconds later another boy shows up and asks "Is that a 914" I reply "yes it is" he returns "that's not a real Porsche you know?"
djm914-6
On a similar note...

By mother was babysitting my Boys last weekend. A neighbor sees my 6YO riding his POwerwheels dune buggy and says to the 2YO; "That'll be your's some day". He replies; "I have a Porsche in the garage"; refering to his Powerwheels 964 Turbo.

The Future looks good!
wheelo
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised, there are tons of 911's and bimmer's around.. I guess we stand-out !
driving.gif
peridotian
I was taking my 16 year old daughter to High school when I first got my car last year and one morning something shorted out under the dashboard and sparked and burnt a hole in her nylons causing her to rebel and refuse to ride in the car. I fixed the short and somehow convinced her to get in again. Typical complaints about the lurching and bucking (914 tranny and old clutch+my inexperience) and complaints about messing her hair up. Well one day at school a bunch of boys she knows gathered around the car admiring the little porsche "Cool, do you get to drive it?" and now she likes it and wants to learn stick.
Curvie Roadlover
You know, wheelo, as I read your post I knew before I looked that you were located in CA. There are no school age children in this part of the country that could recognise a 914. rolleyes.gif
jd74914
You know, wheelo, as I read your post I knew before I looked that you were located in CA. There are no school age children in this part of the country that could recognise a 914.  

agree.gif agree.gif

I'm a high school student in CT, and no one I know had any idea what I 914 looked like before I got mine. cool.gif
markb
I needed to drop off a pair of VW bus trannys to a rebuild place yesterday afternoon. I put the spare tire in the rear trunk, both the trannys in the front trunk & drove up to the rebuild place. 2 of the employees came out (at different times), looked at the car and asked "you brought those in your 914?". They thought it was VERY cool. These little cars are full of surprises. smile.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(peridotian @ May 6 2004, 01:40 PM)
Well one day at school a bunch of boys she knows gathered around the car admiring the little porsche "Cool, do you get to drive it?" and now she likes it and wants to learn stick.

The teener's stick or the teens sticks? wub.gif
tracks914
laugh.gif Sorry for the crude remark but I just couldn't resist. I have two daughters myself. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.