Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumb question...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
Soooo, upon closer inspection it seems like my car doesn't have a transmission ground strap. ohmy.gif Where is the best place to put one? Should it be a braided cable, or will a large gauge battery wire work? And finally, does anybody have a pic handy? Just to see where the best place for it is.

Thanks,
tat2dphreak
the factory spot... you can get the factory straps at pelican, and put it in the factory place...

or get a heavy gauge wire and make your own, using the factory spot...
mike_the_man
Ok, so where is the factory spot? Anybody got pics?
cha914
Just above the tranny on the shift linkage side...should be a ~1" stud welded to the bottom of the trunk...the other end of the cable attaches under one of the end - cover bolts for the tranny.

Tony
SirAndy
qwerty
mike_the_man
Thanks for the pic Andy, I think! blink.gif
biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Well, it is in focus.... What, you want it to show the part you're actually asking about, too??? wink.gif

--DD
SirAndy
laugh.gif i knew you guys would like it ...
Levi
Here you go...I just happen to have one on jack-stands
TheCabinetmaker
Levi, clean up that mess laugh.gif
watsonrx13
Here's another shot of the ground strap and the transmission.
Levi
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 6 2004, 03:47 PM)

Mess? What mess....I don't see a mess...are you messin with me...don't be messin around, I must be all messed up.. laugh.gif laugh.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Levi @ May 6 2004, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 6 2004, 03:47 PM)

Mess? What mess....I don't see a mess...are you messin with me...don't be messin around, I must be all messed up.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

ROFLMAO!!!!
Levi
This MESS laugh.gif is under my 74 2.0L and it looks like I might have to pull the engine so I'll mess with the mess then laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.