Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing Pushrods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1988Hawk
In removing the pushrods (for inspection) the suspension ear poses an issue. Do I need to drop the engine/

Thanks,
Jim
914itis
QUOTE(1988Hawk @ Apr 10 2011, 09:00 PM) *

In removing the pushrods (for inspection) the suspension ear poses an issue. Do I need to drop the engine/

Thanks,
Jim

If you want to take them out completely, you may have to. but if you want to inspect them, you can do so without dropping the engine to slide them in and out. as i can remember, 3 of them can come out completely without dropping the engine. you have to remove the valve covers and rockers.
JFJ914
QUOTE(1988Hawk @ Apr 10 2011, 09:00 PM) *

Thanks,
Jim

No, although the last time I did it I had the heat exchangers off.
Dave_Darling
Remember, you can pull the tubes only halfway out of the heads so that the middle of the tube is in the bore in the head. Tilt the tube downward on the inside (toward the centerline of the car) and the rod will come out. You can pull the tube out that way too if you want.

--DD
Dr Evil
Why are you inspecting them???
detoxcowboy
just did same, drop engine 3 inches for the pushrods that are blocked.
Cap'n Krusty
As I said on the other site, they come out with the engine in place, but you have to take the tubes out, as well. As Dr. Evil asked, why are you inspecting them?

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.