Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help with interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silver74insocal
hello gents, i busted up 2 of mine when removing all the goo on the floorpans. has anyone found a replacement material locally for these? if not, a source to buy some replacements? these are the oval "tar" covers on the interior (under the carpet) towards the front and rear of each longitudal. i cant even find them on a parts diagram...pics if needed...TIA beerchug.gif DAve

silver74insocal
here is the lil booger in question
Click to view attachment

im guessing those holes were for installing the heater tubes? confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
Duct tape?
silver74insocal
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 10 2011, 09:59 PM) *

Duct tape?

biggrin.gif i thought it but dare not say it....
Elliot Cannon
Have a bad laceration? Can't get sutures right away? Duct tape makes great "butterfly" bandages. I hear heating and airconditioning folks have some pretty good uses for it as well. av-943.gif
Jeffs9146
I used a product called second skin which is a bule material with an aluminum coating on one side!
abnrdo
My 75 has rubber plugs in those holes. Lets see if I can find a photo.
sean_v8_914
dyna mat or fat mat
sean_v8_914
Ill give ya some
silver74insocal
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Apr 10 2011, 11:34 PM) *

I used a product called second skin which is a bule material with an aluminum coating on one side!

biggrin.gif if you look closely, thats damplifier pro on the floor pan...i just hope i saved some scraps but i doubt it.. mad.gif
silver74insocal
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Apr 11 2011, 02:49 AM) *

Ill give ya some

thanks Sean!! im tryin to get it done this week but i still wanna come by your shop soon!!
sean_v8_914
damplifier pro . is that like dynamat?
sean_v8_914
yup, looked it up
mburkhart
I used some dynamat to cover these holes when I did my carpets.
rjames
Did all 914s come with rubber plugs for those holes? I removed the interior in my car (a '75) a while back for what looked like the first time in the car's history, and there were not plugs on either side.
MDG
On my '73 I used a scrap of Dynamat as mentioned above. On my 3.2 they are cover by the Engman kit.
nsr-jamie
Get in touch with Mikey 914 and he may be able to help you with your request if there is a possible market for them. You might be surprised how many others may need the same part too
clow
A little off topic but is the round plate the ebrake cable is on the inside of, is that stock for all teeners? I haven't seen it before and there was some rust in that area when I bought my project. It could have gotten lost. Sorry its OT, just curious.
IPB Image

Thanks,

Clow
silver74insocal
that half moon shaped plate? its definetily not after market. post a pic of your ebrake area and im sure you will get an answer. dont you love DAPO's? beer.gif
76-914
The car is looking good Dave. Next time your in the hood I'll give youu a piece of some metal tape if you want. The catch is that you have to visit Seans shop then pick up some parts for me while your there. beerchug.gif
silver74insocal
no worries Kent, as soon as i go back to work i will be driving past his shop and your house everyday and can get whatever you need. problem is i wont be back to work til the week after next biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.