Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chopped Custom 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Britain Smith
Check out this well-done 914 at a local metal shop aandmdeluxecustoms.com

IPB Image
Britain Smith
Here are more pictures of the work they did to this thing.

http://www.aandmdeluxecustoms.com/gallery/...ls.php?album=58
Sleepin
I like it!
stugray
Very cool, but...... how is it street legal?

I dont see a rollcage, so not a race car.....

Stu
Elliot Cannon
Not crazy about the chopped top but they sure do great work.
Andyrew
Not crazy about the reverse rake on the chopped top... The rest of the car is pretty darn nice!!
BKLA
I believe this is the black 914 '74 conversion with the red interior that Camp 914 sold back in 2006-07. I met the owner at the WCC and talked with him a bit about his plans.

This is far beyond what I thought he intended!
jasons
I feel like I've seen that car in another thread. I like it myself. Does it have side windows? I doubt it....
BDog
Glad you like my car. It took 4 years almost to the day from the day I bought it to complete. It does have side windows and there is no reverse rake on the windshield. It was chopped 2 inches. We finished it last June and have put about 1,000 miles on the car. If you want to see the car up close and personal, I will be taking it to Medford. See you then.
Bdog
Andyrew
From the angle of the pic it looks like a reverse rake, And I was looking at it on a tiny netbook screen. Now that im looking at it on my pc I can notice all the little details.. Whoever did the metal work on this car did some awesome touches! The body lines are amazing! That must have been an incredible amount of money!
Ferg
Cool, I really dig it!
McMark
Can't wait to see it. There was a chopped 914 at one of the SF Bay Area breakfasts. Could it really have been the last one? yikes.gif
BDog
When I started this project, I had no idea how DEEP I would get into it. It took on a life of it's own and I just couldn't stop. I could have bought a new GT-3 for what I have into this car. Saying that, I am pretty proud of the fact that you will never see another one quite like it. The body design is my concept and implemented by Mark & Aaron.
Bdog
MoveQik
I think I just found my new favorite 914. That car is sick! beerchug.gif
championgt1
I saw this car at the vintage races in Portland last year. It is amazing!
Ferg
QUOTE(BDog @ Apr 11 2011, 09:04 AM) *
I could have bought a new GT-3 for what I have into this car.
Bdog

pray.gif That right there makes you my new hero!

How about some interior and engine bay pics??
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 11 2011, 09:45 AM) *
There was a chopped 914 at one of the SF Bay Area breakfasts.

agree.gif That one looked pretty cool too. Someone took pictures that day ... idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 11 2011, 10:41 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 11 2011, 09:45 AM) *
There was a chopped 914 at one of the SF Bay Area breakfasts.

agree.gif That one looked pretty cool too. Someone took pictures that day ... idea.gif

Found it!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1402022

IPB Image

IPB Image

driving.gif
BuddyV
I like them both! Nice beer.gif
stugray
Again: How is it street legal?

As far as I can tell it does not have headlights......

Stu
McMark
Looks like they're using driving lights for headlights. And street legal is only applicable if you get pulled over and the cop notices.
JRust
Yep I saw this car once in Portland. Absolutely beautiful drooley.gif . I can't wait to see it again in Medford at WCR piratenanner.gif
MDG
914's can be Hot Rods too!

Very nice - Love what you've done! beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
Nicely done!

That little 914 sure has come a long way.

welder.gif

driving.gif
URY914
I like it.
Dr Evil
Like smilie_pokal.gif
BDog
The car does have headlights. The headlight buckets are out of a Jag XJ6 and I am using 80/100 bulbs. It is sort of street legal. I probably won't be driving it at 1:00 in the morning. I am way in bed by then.
Bdog
Mike Bellis
BDog,

We want to see more pictures of your car... Please post! beer.gif
markb
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 11 2011, 04:53 PM) *

BDog,

We want to see more pictures of your car... Please post! beer.gif

agree.gif
plymouth37
I dig it!
majkos
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Apr 11 2011, 06:30 PM) *

I dig it!

agree.gif Yup!
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Rand
Nice job BDog. It has attitude. I love it that you let your ideas run to fruition. And black was the right color!

Did I miss mention of the power plant? Any details on the engine build?

Electric solenoids with remote on the doors?

Can't wait to see this beauty in Medford. smilie_pokal.gif
914junkie
Awesome! I love it! smilie_pokal.gif More pics please! smile.gif
speed metal army
i LOVE THIS THING.Super tough! shades.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(jasons @ Apr 11 2011, 06:53 AM) *

I feel like I've seen that car in another thread. I like it myself. Does it have side windows? I doubt it....

It not only has roll up side windows but they are framed all the way around with metal (I think) surrounds and they are, like the rest of the car ....PERFECT...it's sick! I thought one of the best details on the car were the way the rear corners of the top were "frenched" into the rear of the "sail" you kind of have to see and touch it to really get it I guess.....VERY, VERY nice....not for everyone perhaps but done as well and it can be done. And the owner is very forthcoming and a nice guy....boy did he celebrate his win......lucky for him the "that guy" trophy was already gone.....
dflesburg
excellent!!!

How low can we go...
rmital
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 11 2011, 10:35 PM) *

....Electric solenoids with remote on the doors?

ahhh, yeah. How do you get in? idea.gif
BDog
Yes
dion9146
Love it. I'm an old hot rodder, and have always wanted to see a well done chopped 914. Nice job.
URY914
I like it, but don't know if I could fit in it. sad.gif
Haudiosolutions
I love it! That's it, tomorrow, I'm buying a cutter and my top is coming down! That IS all that's to it right?
Steve, you in?
Dave_Darling
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but we were talking about this car at the Pancake Breakfast this weekend, and I got to remembering...

There was an article in the October 1999 (I think!) issue of "european car" on a similar 914. Similar in the color (though the article claims it's a blue, it must be a very dark blue!) and the lowered top and welded steel roof. I dug out the magazine and took pictures of the article. There are only two pages, one of which was just a couple of photos.

I have pics of the individual pages as well, but the flash bloom really screwed them up.

Click to view attachment

I think it is interesting to see a parallel development, years earlier, down in L.A.

--DD
Michel
Thread resurrect

Was there ever any detailed build pics of this car listed anywhere? Still remains in my top 10 teeners

I've restarted my 'GT Schmuck Wannabe' project and I keep coming back to this car as a high tide marker in built 914's
boxstr
I have a few pics.
Craig at CAMP
boxstr
More of Blackula
mepstein
QUOTE(Michel @ Dec 21 2017, 05:50 PM) *

Thread resurrect

Was there ever any detailed build pics of this car listed anywhere? Still remains in my top 10 teeners

I've restarted my 'GT Schmuck Wannabe' project and I keep coming back to this car as a high tide marker in built 914's

There were a lot of good pics when it was being sold by Canepa
TC 914-8
I remember Bdog from the first WCR Medford, awesomely beautiful car!!!!
I heard he sold it ?
He was supposed to move near me to Pt. Townsend
Anyone know of Bdogs whereabouts???
sb914
I've always loved that car. The cleanest build ever wub.gif
euro911
How soon we forget .. slap.gif

T H O M A S bought a '72 (Sepia Brown) from me back in 2009 (?) that I had purchased from Scott Kline, then he modified (chopped) it and called it "The Dark Knight".

It's passed through a few hands since then and I'm not sure who owns it now confused24.gif

Here's the for sale thread from 2011 ... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=114981&hl=
porschetub
QUOTE(euro911 @ Dec 22 2017, 04:08 PM) *

How soon we forget .. slap.gif

T H O M A S bought a '72 (Sepia Brown) from me back in 2009 (?) that I had purchased from Scott Kline, then he modified (chopped) it and called it "The Dark Knight".

It's passed through a few hands since then and I'm not sure who owns it now confused24.gif

Here's the for sale thread from 2011 ... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=114981&hl=

What ever came of the GPR car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.