Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need L-jet ('75) ECU or tester
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I've been helping a local 914er with his car off and on for the last few months, he was having electrical problems and I had troubleshooted the problem to be electrical the first time I met the owner and recommended he replace the dual-relay which he did.

We got the car to fire up, but it would be hit'n'miss depending on how we held or looked at the wiring.

He ended up dropping the motor to clean things up and re-do as much as the electrical as possible.

He had Bowlsby re-do one harness (the one that coils to the coil plus a few other items) and the main engine harness was done by an aircraft instrument shop (barter system)

i went by his shop yesteday to double check everything and it looked good...today he went to start it and same symtoms, he has plenty of spark, the fuel pump comes on when the AFM opens, yet no fuel squirting out of the injectors (unless we manally over ride them)

I'm thinking he might have issues with the ECU.
He has already paid for the WCC and I really want him and his wife to go and believe me, seeing his car and the awesome custom interior will be a treat to those that like nice, neat work.

yea, i should be working on my car instead, but that's the kind of person I am I guess wink.gif

Thanks
JeffBowlsby
Are the injectors grounded, or is the resistor pack fully installed? There are 3(?) white wires (2 are doubled into a single wire terminal) on the L-Jet harness for grounds if I remember correctly.

I also have a known good spare 1.8L ECU, but I would have to dig it out see if its a 74 or 75...and they are different.

Here is another source to check...there are others...

http://www3.telus.net/public/alpine65/Trou...ronicSystem.htm
Mueller
thanks Jeff,

i think i have one as well that I plan on loaning him....

I plan on going back there either this weekend or early next week with my DVM and all of the info that i know of that has the wiring information

ground for injectors is good, do you know what the value is for the resistors? if not, I'm sure I can find it someplace.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.