Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport video...914's in action
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
That tonneau cover flapping the whole time is ANNOYING!!!!! How can anyone concentrate on driving with that?

fighting19.gif
jonwatts
Check out the lexan windshield start to fold in right before the first wipe. Makes it look like he's going fast until the leaders pass him like he's in 1st gear laugh.gif
bernbomb914
that 550 cant hit the apex to save his soul but it is faster than the other two cars.

Bernie
JmuRiz
That was cool...wonder what motor the 914 in the lead group (3rd place) was running....that sucker was FLYING wow. Makes me want to make a GT replica, haha.
ein 6er
HAAAAA, i was just going to post a link to this video!!

that 914 that blew by in the lead group won the race!! the 2nd place car spinning might have helped a little. this is the 914 on 962.com

did anyone look at the lap times? here are the results with the lap times. the winning 914 in the gmund cup race had a best lap time of 2:11. that would have put him into the top 10 in the salzburg cup race, against 944ts, 993s, 964s, 996s 930s, 3.3s, 3.4s, 3.6s and 3.8s!!! and i bet that 914 cost a little less than a 2001 996 3.4!! laugh.gif

talk about bang for your buck!!! lol2.gif
airsix
That video ROCKS!! That's the best in-car vid to be posted in a LONG TIME. Very fun to watch. Now that's my idea of weekend recreation. Good soundtrack too. Anyone know the artist/track?

-Ben M.
neo914-6
Anyone know the artist/track
As much as I like U2 (I forget the song), I would prefer all race sounds in this case....

This video came to me from one of my friends who's on the Early 911S Registry Bulletin Board http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/forum/

Felix
ablose58
Very cool video smilie_pokal.gif Makes me wanna go racin. cool_shades.gif rocking nana.gif
fiid
Pretty sure it's "Elevation" by U2. I liked the music - AFAIC, listening to engines on my computer speakers gets a bit tiring after a minute or two, but each to his own! There just isn't enough footage of 914s! Did they run TV spots in the 70s?

l8r,

Fiid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.