Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans oil leak around the right axle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Haudiosolutions
I doubt it's related but after finally getting a running 914 and tortured by letting it sit for a week while someone trouble shoots the electrical demons. I was out with the wife car shopping and went through an "ordeal" (according to the wife) long story short.... really had to work to get the car moving after the clutch roller pin in the pedal cluster broke and soon there after I noticed (after rigging the pin to get us home) a some what significant leak which looks to be around the right axle. everytime I park for a while I have a small puddle of fluid. I'm hoping nothing was damaged in the issue of grinding a gear or two in an attempt to get moving through an intersection or maybe it's just the fact the car hadn't been driven much over the past four or five years and streaching it's legs also loosened a seal. So.... what do the experts suspect and how difficult is it to repair?

Thanks in advance!
Derrick
Dr Evil
Easy to repair, likely just a dried old seal, cheap part. You need the seal, a CV gasket, 19mm socket, a punch that will fit in the 8mm bolt hole, and you should be good.

1. Remove the CV bolts and CV from the output flange. (triple square tool unless they are switched to 6mm allen)

2. Place drift in flange bolt hole and place it against the case, against a rib so it will not spin.

3. 19mm socket takes bolt out inside the flange.

4. The whole works slides right out. You may get some oil when doing this, so be warned. You should probably drain and refill it anyway.

You can use a seal puller to pull the seal. The new one drives right in.
Haudiosolutions
thanks, I will get in there in a few days. and give it a shot. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.