Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Howdy, n00b here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shabadoo
Hello -

Thought I'd give you all a greeting. I picked up a 74 1.8 a few months ago, and I'm finally starting to do some research on work I want to do. Right now the car is bone stock (as far as I can tell) with the exception of a Corsa (not sure though...) exhaust.

I plan on upgrading suspension, brakes, engine + tranny (possibly some type of Suburu swap w/ 915 trans), roll bar, paint etc. Basically I want to turn the car into a fun weekend and track day car. This is my first project car (I've never done any real automotive work), so I'll try to spare you guys the annoying n00b questions as much as possible.

For those who are interested, I'm an engineering grad student hoping to get into the high performance automotive industry, and I'm in the Bay Area.

Brad at HPH was kind enough to answer my questions yesterday, and he pointed me here. I'm sure I'll be on here quite often. biggrin.gif
Levi
QUOTE(Shabadoo @ May 7 2004, 08:57 AM)
Hello -

Thought I'd give you all a greeting. I picked up a 74 1.8 a few months ago, and I'm finally starting to do some research on work I want to do. Right now the car is bone stock (as far as I can tell) with the exception of a Corsa (not sure though...) exhaust.

I plan on upgrading suspension, brakes, engine + tranny (possibly some type of Suburu swap w/ 915 trans), roll bar, paint etc. Basically I want to turn the car into a fun weekend and track day car. This is my first project car (I've never done any real automotive work), so I'll try to spare you guys the annoying n00b questions as much as possible.

For those who are interested, I'm an engineering grad student hoping to get into the high performance automotive industry, and I'm in the Bay Area.

Brad at HPH was kind enough to answer my questions yesterday, and he pointed me here. I'm sure I'll on here quite often biggrin.gif

Hi...Welcome to the Club.. beerchug.gif
dinomium
Welcome aboard!

wavey.gif
dinomium
BTW, Nice avatar Levi...I have that watch!!!
Rusty
Another one with the bug. biggrin.gif

Welcome to the best 914 group... ever! clap56.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Levi
QUOTE(dinomium @ May 7 2004, 09:18 AM)
BTW, Nice avatar Levi...I have that watch!!!

I just couldn't resist that one, I'm sure its the best looking watch I've ever seen laugh.gif laugh.gif
Eric_Shea
Welcome... pics of your ride please!
Bruce Allert
agree.gif
YES! Welcome. You not only found HPH but was pointed here by someone that hates 914's! laugh.gif
(I'm being Facetious beer.gif )

I've learned a lot from Brad and everyone else that throws their $.02 in. Hope you learn to luv the car as much as we do.

.........b driving.gif
nebreitling
Hey, are you at Stanford?

I'm a grad student as well -- shoot me an email or PM so i can check your car out, maybe give you a hand with it.

nathan
Shabadoo
Hey all - thanks for the warm welcome! It looks like this is a good group of owners. I'm sure I'll meet some of in person shortly!

Does this site host pictures, or do I need to link them?
seanery
you can upload pictures, but only 1 at a time and size must be under 300k. You need to post like 5 times first, though.

Welcome to the club! beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
Hey Shab, its too late for you to sign up for the WCC June 4-6 (held right here in the Bay Area), but you can show up for the AX on June 5 at Candlestick and for the Partsheaven meet, where we will hold the next 914 Club meetin'.

Click on the red round link at the top of the webpage for details or contact me directly.

Jeff Bowlsby
bowlsby@aol.com
Brad Roberts
Cool man. Glad you made it clap56.gif His car isnt ready for the AutoX yet.. I offered him a ride in another 914 if he wants to drive.

B
Shabadoo
I wish I could make it, but I'm gonna be out of town that week. sad.gif
ablose58
Welcome aboard smilie_pokal.gif Hope you have as much fun with your teener as I do MDB2.gif
415PB
Welcome Shab.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.