Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of the best handling upgrades
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JWest
Installed my new (to me) Scheel seat (thanks VegasRacer) last week. It is so nice not having to hang onto the steering wheel just to keep from sliding across the car. I can actually feel what the car is doing and just concentrate on driving. driving.gif
ninefourteener
SWEET!!

You bought that from another 914 club member?

How is the cost in relation to the Renegade seats?

I'll take TWO!!
JmuRiz
James, looks good...the price of these things makes me cringe though (at least the ones I've seen for sale). About $600 new each, right...and the Renegade ones are about 375 plus shipping and a core seat. Maybe someday. My passenger is really who needs one of these seats, I fear for my 'Oh $h1t' door handle haha.

Boy does that nakid rennshift look HOT, is that the 30% throw reduction? Very nice, I still have yet to install my foglight flashers, maybe this weekend biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
SWEET!! very nice!
JWest
The Scheel is no longer in production; I bought it used on this board. The Koenig (sp) 914 seat is the closest thing to it new and they are $$$.

The RennShift is a 33% with an extra-long stick to bring the knob closer to the steering wheel (less time to have hands off the wheel).

The shift knob is the Ferrari 308 replacement from Hill Engineering in England that has the 901 shift pattern engraved in. It took some work to adapt that.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(James Adams @ May 7 2004, 01:15 PM)

The shift knob is the Ferrari 308 replacement from Hill Engineering in England that has the 901 shift pattern engraved in. It took some work to adapt that.

http://www.hill-engineering.co.uk/ferrari-...-shiftknobs.htm

James, are these the same ones?

if so, when I order my Rennshift, how much to fit one of these? it'll go great with the brushed aluminum in the interior...
JWest
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ May 7 2004, 01:26 PM)
http://www.hill-engineering.co.uk/ferrari-...-shiftknobs.htm

James, are these the same ones?

if so, when I order my Rennshift, how much to fit one of these? it'll go great with the brushed aluminum in the interior...

Yep, that's the one (I saw them on a thread here a while back).

We can work something out as far as adapting to the RennShift - I don't intend to stock or resell these knobs. I can modify the steel stick for it pretty easily, but I have to modify the actual knob if you want the polished shift stick to go with it.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(James Adams @ May 7 2004, 02:06 PM)

Yep, that's the one (I saw them on a thread here a while back).

We can work something out as far as adapting to the RennShift - I don't intend to stock or resell these knobs. I can modify the steel stick for it pretty easily, but I have to modify the actual knob if you want the polished shift stick to go with it.

I saw the same thread... tucked the info away, knowing what I was going to do to the interior

the stick doesn't have to match the knob (be polished)... I plan to use the leather shift boot like the console cars had, so the stick wont be nearly as visible... I'll pm you before I place my order, so we can work out the details...

beer.gif
VegasRacer
I looks great James.
I'm proud to have my old seat in your car.
It looks much better in there than it did sitting in my garage.
I'm sure the seat is much happier to be in a teener again.
Glad to hear that it works for you too. driving.gif

It worked to find a new home for the seat, so I'll try another shameless plug.
I have only 2 of these shift knobs left.
Very high quality. Imported from Germany.
They will fit on a RennShift or stock shift shaft with no mods.
Polished aluminum. $65 shipping included.
Jeffs9146
I looks great James.
I'm proud to have my old seat in your car.

I'm proud to have all of this new stuff in MY old car!! laugh.gif

Some day I will have another running teen!!

Jeff
AZ914
James,

Very nice!! I don't think my wide ass beer3.gif would fit in that seat....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.