Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTM Nomination Time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Time to nominate 5 Beauties for Car of the Month

I would like to Suggest that we don't Nominate Cars that were in the last Contest - this will allow us some Fresh Blood (and avoid the Jon Bovey Complex poke.gif )

First 5 Cars Nominated & Second'd are in (unless the Nominee declines)

T.C.
Ferg
I nominate Proto31's kick ass conversion

SLITS
While he really doesn't deserve it , I will second Dan's car (proto31)
SLITS
In the next breath, I will nominate Joe Sharp's "Beauty", a real 914/6. Now to find an image of it.

Click to view attachment
G e o r g e
I nominate Jason's 75, AZ914
proto31
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 12 2011, 10:14 AM) *

Thanks Ron. Hey, I need someone to polish it up a tad before I take some pics to submit, if I swing by this weekend with a pack of cigs and a microfiber cloth will you do your magic?

Dan
type47
I nominate Jim Kelly's 914 V8. Jim and Rod built up the car and it's the only V8 on the "wrong" coast that I know of. Jim is a regular at the 914 events (ECC & Matsys Oktoberfest ...). Would be nice to have an East Coast car as COTM.
Click to view attachmentOktoberfest at Matsys
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentJim Kelly sighting
Click to view attachmentECC 2009
SLITS
QUOTE(proto31 @ Apr 12 2011, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 12 2011, 10:14 AM) *

Thanks Ron. Hey, I need someone to polish it up a tad before I take some pics to submit, if I swing by this weekend with a pack of cigs and a microfiber cloth will you do your magic?

Dan

Like I told ya ... I was merely spreading the dirt evenly. Bring it on!!! Oh, I've changed brands of ciggies ... my new brand is Mary-Ju-Wanna 100s.
ConeDodger
I haven't seen many cars that were better built than this one... I nominate Computers4Kids
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 12 2011, 10:28 AM) *
In the next breath, I will nominate Joe Sharp's "Beauty", a real 914/6. Now to find an image of it.

I second "Beauty" ... first.gif
rick 918-S
Always a favorite and I always enjoy looking at this car with a colorful history.
championgt1
I second Huey!
MoveQik
I will gladly second Jason's car. Super clean and runs like a top even in our heat out here in AZ! Plus he's a helluva nice guy that made some kick ass awards for R66 this year. I hear he is a good Pai Gow player as well! poke.gif
SGB
I will second Huey.

Bob Saville's blue and yellow car above.

edit-
I'm slow, like a 914.

OK, Jack will second Huey
6freak
Tuff call this month ....like them all ...but gotta pick Joes ...its a 914-6 thing you may not understand smile.gif
bdstone914
I second Computers4Kids car. That car is C L E A N.
AZ914
Thanks G E O R G E!
flipb
QUOTE(type47 @ Apr 12 2011, 01:41 PM) *

I nominate Jim Kelly's 914 V8. Jim and Rod built up the car and it's the only V8 on the "wrong" coast that I know of. Jim is a regular at the 914 events (ECC & Matsys Oktoberfest ...). Would be nice to have an East Coast car as COTM.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I second Jim Kelly's V8.

R E P R E S E N T us East Coasters!

carr914
I guess I will accept the Nominations as they are, I just wish people would READ what I put in the 1st Post about not Nominating cars that were in the last Contest
SLITS
Nobody reads your shit anyway. Actually, I don't pay attention. Which cars were in the last go around?

And stop making this an East/West contest. You have GH .. what more could you ask for(we have BR)?
carr914
Nothing East-West about it.

I'll Trade GH for a set of Muffler Bearings
dlkawashima
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 12 2011, 01:36 PM) *

Nothing East-West about it.

Too late to nominate this east-coaster? Terry's beautiful 914-6 conversion ...

Click to view attachment
carr914
Looks like we have our 5

In Order of Nomination & 2nds

Proto31
JoeSharp
naro914 (Huey)
Jason
computer4kids Declined
Jim Kelly
I will set up the Voting Poll Later
SLITS
Ah man, bend the rulez ... make it six so the East can get in ............... happy11.gif
carr914
The East is in - Huey!. That car take a Lickin and still aKickin
computers4kids
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 12 2011, 02:00 PM) *

Looks like we have our 5

In Order of Nomination & 2nds

Proto31
JoeSharp
naro914 (Huey)
Jason
computer4kids

I will set up the Voting Poll Later

As much as I would like to win, I've had my run at it a couple times and came-up short. agree.gif Let's have some new cars to drewl over. I do appreciate the nomination though.
Mark
euro911
Tough choice, I'll have to spend some time on this idea.gif

How about Car Cover of the Month? laugh.gif
rick 918-S
Oh crap! I just read the first post! hide.gif But hey, it's Huey! confused24.gif I promise to read the rules next time. blush.gif
dlkawashima
Another view of Terry's 914-6 conversion ...

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.