Full Version: GGR AX #2. Alameda airfield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Ok, you get the drift......

Information on registration here
AX#2
SirAndy
$60 bucks if you don't pre-register and $50 if you do? blink.gif

Last time i went to a GGR AX, it was $20 ... What the hell happened? confused24.gif
DanT
It is $50 for non-PCA members and $40 for members.
$10 more for each category if you late register on the day of the event.
The intent is to encourage folks to register early so the club can cancel an event if it is not going to at least break even. Our club has bylaws that require events to at least break even.

Costs go up Andy. Last time I saw you at an ax was at the 2008 Shootout at Marina. It was $35 or $40 back then.

Still pretty cheap entertainment ..

Costs for timing equipment, and venues has risen in the past two years. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
What? how long has the price been that high?

Last autox I went to was 35 for a non member 30 for a member.. This was PCA... This was Last year IIRC..
DanT
Each region has their own price structure, depending mostly on the cost of the venue/s they use.
GGR's price structure is directly due to the cost of Alameda vs. Some of the other region's venues.
SCCA, AAS, and others are higher than that for only 3 or 4 runs vs. Our usual 8-10 runs. We are still cheaper per lap wink.gif
Mike Bellis
I can hardly wait to get my car running again and on to the track! I'll pay the $$ piratenanner.gif I can hardly wait to get my car running and on the road... dry.gif
clemsonc
I guess the GGR sponsorship chairperson needs to work harder to bring in more money for the club.
Andyrew
Im sure the issue is attendance and venue. If the venue price goes up and the attendance stays the same or declines, then cost must go up...

I believe SVR is still $35, which is where I frequent when i do. They do 6-10 laps per day.

DanT
Come on folks. Aren't there any "running" 914s in the bay area that would like to be really driven blink.gif happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.