Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Bumpers on 75
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
damnfiknow
I was able to locate "dimples" to be able to drill holes for bolts for front exchange. I am NOT able to find any reference dimples for the rear bumper bolt holes. Can some take some measurements inside the rear trunk of a Pre big ole rubber bumper model for the upper bolt hole, please? Thanks
jim_hoyland
See it this old thread helps: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...0bones&st=0
damnfiknow
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 12 2011, 09:10 PM) *

Thanks so much for the direction to the thread.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(damnfiknow @ Apr 12 2011, 09:03 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 12 2011, 09:10 PM) *

Thanks so much for the direction to the thread.

If you discover anything new about the backdating, please post; I'm getting ready to backdate my '75 too.

One question I have is whether the backdated bumpers will still fit properly IF the clips on the fenders are NOT removed ??
flipb
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 13 2011, 12:11 PM) *

If you discover anything new about the backdating, please post; I'm getting ready to backdate my '75 too.

One question I have is whether the backdated bumpers will still fit properly IF the clips on the fenders are NOT removed ??

Surprised to hear that - I think yours might be the best looking late-bumper car on the board. Didn't it come up for COTM voting recently?

IMHO, I think the body-colored valances as you have them look "right" on a big-bumper car and might not work as well on an early-bumper car.
jim_hoyland

Surprised to hear that - I think yours might be the best looking late-bumper car on the board. Didn't it come up for COTM voting recently?

IMHO, I think the body-colored valances as you have them look "right" on a big-bumper car and might not work as well on an early-bumper car.

Thanks. My wife says the same thing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.