Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matteyp
Hey can someone tell me the procedure for adjusting the clutch on the 914. My pedal just sits on the floor. I know theres a procedure somewhere and the Haynes doesn't really help. Thanks

Matt
euro911
Matt - Check this article on the Bird Board
matteyp
Actually I just need to adjus the cable and not the actual clutch. Can someone help out with that? Thanks
euro911
WTF.gif Adjusting the tension of the cable IS adjusting the clutch.

If you would have fast-forwarded to page three of the article, you would have read the final part of the job ... adjusting the cable idea.gif

Now, do a preliminary adjustment of the clutch so that the arm has just about no free play at the transmission case (the cable should be pulling the arm so that the throw-out bearing just rests against the pressure plate. Lower the car, and then reattach the battery ground. You should be able to drive the car out of your garage, and test out the clutch. You can adjust the clutch feel by tightening the screw nut on the cable near the throw-out arm. To make the clutch grab high on the clutch pedal, loosen the screw nut on the clutch cable.

Now I know why Krusty sounds grouchy sometimes ... laugh.gif
matteyp
Did I sound grouchy? My bad ;p
euro911
No. I'm beginning to become increasingly grouchy as I grow older
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.