Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: concours scoring sheet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
RFoulds
At California Speed Week, one of the Concours judges mentioned that the Region 8 scoring sheet can be dowloaded from their website. I checked and could not findit.

Does anyone have acopy they can post, or a link to one? I want to prepare for the next one.

Tom_T
Look on here under Concours Documents heading -

http://zone8.pca.org/events_concours.php

direct to pdf: http://zone8.pca.org/forms/Concours/ScoreSheets.pdf

All the other stuff is good info too!

You might benefit from one of the Zone 8 CdE Judging School sessions. I did one last year at TC's Garage in Vista for OCR that was great. Plan a full day for both judging session & prep tips session & doughnuts/coffe & lunch.

beerchug.gif
RFoulds
Thanks Tom. Good advice. It's been so long since I started this concours project, I forgot a lot of the judging details.
Pat Garvey
Not perfect, but a really good reference!
Pat
larryM
just remember it is just a white-glove event

nobody cares, and few judges know, if you have original or special anything;

but they will discover every rock cip, bug, and windshield smudge

note - judges are often recruited at the door minutes before the event gets underway

you keep points as long as it's white-glove clean - get deductions for every smudge they can wipe onto the score sheet

at the recent SVR concours they actually had a judge from out of town who knew something about 914 originality

- she pointed out nonconforming screw heads on the door thresholds and my late inside door handles, leading her to ask and thus discover the horrible offense that i had put late doors on the early body (it's all about crashworthiness on my racer-car) - points deducted!

and never noticed that i have Miata electric outside mirrors on the car

- no judge has ever noticed that in the last 4 yrs!

- but they get apoplectic over the 2 open holes in my front fenders where the period-correct Talbot racing mirrors are only mounted when the car goes on track, (cuz i think they look really dopey on the street)

competition cars are supposed to get a 10 point bonus - sort of a break for smudges & track rash, but very few judges are aware of that

it's just a strutting contest -

- just go show your driven car, and have fun talking to other 914 guys and comparing notes about the improvements and fixes we have all discovered in some 40 yrs,

it can be fun!

me-thinks we obsess way too much about originality

(I don't think a local trophy is going to make any real difference in a car's value - tho, maybe if ya win the PCA Parade event it could add a few sheckles to your agreed value insurance limit - good thing if ya ever did actually drive and then wreck the garage queen)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.