Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adding a sway bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
reading the other thread made me remember to ask:

how hard is it to add a stock front and rear sway bar (or aftermarket) to a '72... that didn't have one.

does anyone have a nifty diagram that shows me exactly all of the parts I need to find? and how to put them on?

I don't want it for auto-x, just something else to add to the project list smile.gif
skline
Well, 72 cars should have the tabs already welded on the front control arms. There is a guy on Ebay that sells the triangle brackets with the nuts welded on already and they work great. Its not that bad to install. I say that because I have the car all torn apart already. They sell complete kits and that would probably be the best way to do it rather than to buy this from one guy and that from another. Good luck.
Engman
That would be me on Ebay - though if you contact me here the prices are usually a little less.

Besides the actual sway bars and droplinks you will need to check the front arms to see if you have the 'U' tab on them. Fronts are pretty easy - welding is recommended but not required unless you are doing a lot of AX.

The rears will require welding on of the mounts, rest is bolt on.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.