Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great support from Kennedy Engineered Products
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stewteral
Hey 914ners,

I had a hard-to-diagnose clutch problem with my V8 and 930 clutch. Luckily, I'm in driving distance to KENNEDY ENGINEERED PRODUCTS in Palmdale, CA. So I loaded my parts and drove up to see what they could tell me. MONTY listened to my problem then took the pressure plate to his lab an in a few minutes returned with great empirical data: The Pressure Plate was fine: 2500 lbs clamping force, at .250" movements of the diaphragm forks the pressure plate moved .400" and with a disk tha measures .375" I had good releasing of the clutch.

He then measured the disk in "clamped mode" and told me it had .005" wear, not bad after 3 years.

With no pressure to sell anything, I asked about P.P. options and found that KEP made their own aluminum chassis plate for $474, over $100 cheaper than Pelican Parts. I bought my current disk from them and they beat everyone's prices.

I thanked Monty for his help and promised to be back when I needed anything replaced.

This is my 2nd trip to KEP and they have always been most generous with their time and advice. They are the experts on clutches, adapter plates and engine conversions and I want to let everyone know that KEP is truly a great vendor!

Best,
Terry
Mike Bellis
I agree! KEP is awesome... What was your problem?
Bruce Hinds
I've done business with them too since about 1986 and it's the same great story. Wouldn't it be grand if all business were run that way.
sww914
Nothing but good experiences here as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.