Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight removal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cool914
First, hi everyone. Been lurking here for awhile and doing lots of excellent research, a real wealth of knowledge. I will post the full story of my most excellent cool Canadian adventures (rust mining) in awhile, for now I am busy just stripping my new and first 914 and trying to figure out how to remove the headlight motor.

I have the headlight assembly removed and now trying to get the motor out, took the nut off but the arm does not seem to want to pull away from the motor. I have read the technical article on adjust the headlight and it says "pry" the arm off the motor spindle. Does it need a good prying? i tried but it doesn't seem to budge, just want to make sure I dont need to spin the arm off the spindle or anything. Does it just pull out away from the motor when the nut is off?

thanks
rick 918-S
welcome.png Ya, the arm is on a splined shaft. Remove the nut and gently pry the arm loose.

Delphi is a cool color! thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cool914 @ Apr 12 2011, 09:15 PM) *
Does it just pull out away from the motor when the nut is off?

Yepp, it does ...

welcome.png
Cool914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 12 2011, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Cool914 @ Apr 12 2011, 09:15 PM) *
Does it just pull out away from the motor when the nut is off?

Yepp, it does ...

welcome.png

Thanks guys, screwdriver popped them right off. Now how do I remove the headlight motor from the wiring harness? How do the wires come out of that little rectangular plastic thing (top left of picture)? It doesnt seem like it splits so I assume the wires pull off of one side?
Mike Bellis
They just pull out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.