Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's that Light?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
When I turn off my 73 914 (key in pocket) the fasten seat belt light comes on. I noticed that the sensors in the seat are disconnected and the previous owner installed a pretty cool stainless steel battery box with a quick disconnect (maybe a solution for this problem). Any ideas as to how I can fix this so that I don’t have to worry about losing the radio presets on the radio I never listen to. I guess I could try disconnecting the fasten seat belt light but not sure if it’s in series with anything else (not sure I phrased that right). As always thanks for your time and help.
ezbngreen914
I just realized how silly it probably looks to ask such a question while using a painting of Dr. Porsche as a profile picture. biggrin.gif
warrenoliver
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Apr 13 2011, 02:08 PM) *

I just realized how silly it probably looks to ask such a question while using a painting of Dr. Porsche as a profile picture. biggrin.gif

AAH, so that's who that is! I thought that was Ed Sullivan. biggrin.gif

Warrenoliver
jt914-6
I kinda thought it was a bad pic of Nixon...... confused24.gif
RFoulds
Mine did that because the sensors were disconnected. you can reconnect the sensors, or remove the bulb.
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Apr 13 2011, 02:42 PM) *

Mine did that because the sensors were disconnected. you can reconnect the sensors, or remove the bulb.

the wires to the sensors look like king tut's ipad head phones so I think I'll try just taking out the bulb. Thanks for the tip.
76-914
IIRC (and I usually don't) the lead that controlls the "Fasten Seatbelt" light is under the pass seat. Just disconnect it. http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/Elec...lectric_73C.jpg
&

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/Elec...lectric_73D.jpg
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Apr 13 2011, 12:08 PM) *

Since there were no seatbelts on cars when he was alive, he'd probably be as lost as you are ...................

The Cap'n
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 13 2011, 02:37 PM) *

Both had run-ins with large governments...
So, Richard Nixon, Ed Sullivan, and Ferdinand Porsche walk into a bar... stop me if you heard this one...
jt914-6
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Apr 13 2011, 03:00 PM) *

So, Richard Nixon, Ed Sullivan, and Ferdinand Porsche walk into a bar... stop me if you heard this one...

Nixon says....."I'm not a crook"......
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 13 2011, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Apr 13 2011, 12:08 PM) *

Since there were no seatbelts on cars when he was alive, he'd probably be as lost as you are ...................

The Cap'n

haha. lol-2.gif that makes me feel a little bit better about it.
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Apr 13 2011, 03:30 PM) *

QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Apr 13 2011, 03:00 PM) *

Nixon says....."I'm not a crook"......

Ed Sullivan says..."I'm not a talk show host".... then Ferdinand Porsche replies to both of them "What the hell am I doing in a bar with a 13 year old and a new born"

Thanks wikipedia.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.