Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTM April-May is Over
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
This Month's Contest is now open. Nominee's, Nominators and Members are free to Campaign for their Fav.

Voting is Open for 10 Days
carr914
1. Proto31

Click to view attachment
carr914
2. Joe Sharp

Click to view attachment
carr914
3. naro914 "Huey"

Click to view attachment
carr914
4. AZ914

Click to view attachment
carr914
5. Jim Kelly

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Tough list again but I had to vote for Huey. He's one tough teener! Took a beating and kept on going!

Before:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Aftrer:

Click to view attachment

J P Stein
Uh oh, my vote may be back to the kiss of death.
flipb
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 13 2011, 06:43 AM) *

What's going on with the fender/turn signal area in this pic?
carr914
QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 13 2011, 09:51 AM) *

I'm assuming that Route 66 in that area has a lot of gravel, so he was protecting his signals from damage. I do the same thing at the track
AZ914
I like this one... biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
AZ914
I'm not going to cast a vote for myself cuz I don't want to be a schmuck so I'm voting for Dan's car. That thing is awesome! Plus, it has 3 tail pipes. smile.gif
markb
I gotta go with Joe Sharp's Beauty, but this is a tough group to choose only one of.
6freak
QUOTE(carr914 @ Apr 13 2011, 07:38 AM) *

QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 13 2011, 09:51 AM) *

I'm assuming that Route 66 in that area has a lot of gravel, so he was protecting his signals from damage. I do the same thing at the track

primer after a fix ...
flipb
Every time I photograph my own car, I think it looks better with the roof off.

All of our nominees are shown with the targa top in place.

I haven't voted yet. SHOW US SOME TOPLESS PHOTOS!! happy11.gif Win my vote!
proto31
QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 13 2011, 09:21 AM) *

Every time I photograph my own car, I think it looks better with the roof off.

All of our nominees are shown with the targa top in place.

I haven't voted yet. SHOW US SOME TOPLESS PHOTOS!! happy11.gif Win my vote!

Here's a topless pick of my car among the presence of some pretty cool cars.
Click to view attachment

Elliot Cannon
Even though the color of Proto 31 reminds me of something I threw-up once I had to vote for it. I think Dan did all the work on this thing in his garage (with a little help from THOMAS I'm sure) and that alone deserves my vote.
Cheers, Elliot
VaccaRabite
While Proto31 is probably the prettiest, my vote goes to Jim's old school hot rod!

Zach
Mike Bellis
My vote goes to Proto31. I have seen this car at the WCR 2010. It is one of the most beautiful 914's I ever drooled over. The attention to detail is outstanding.
914_teener
Dan's car at the vaunted Halloween Run last year. Tough choice between Joe's car. I vote for Dan's...it is very cool.Click to view attachment
BIGKAT_83
My vote goes to Proto31 car. The picture posted here does not do the car justice. Go to his build thread and check it out.
This is one of the best cars I have ever seen.

Proto31 build thread

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Bob
nsr-jamie
For me its either no.1 or no.2 , those are amazing looking cars....I still can't decide, the other cars are super nice too...very tough to decide....hmmmmm
rick 918-S
After a huge wreck this car was bent back out and soldiered on! Check out the link and story about Huey.

Click to view attachment

http://www.naroescapemotorsports.com/

J P Stein
I am a working class guy (or was biggrin.gif ). Huey is a "working" 914.....maybe not a work of art but beauty is in the eye.......
Works of art get hung on a wall & dusted off every so often.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 14 2011, 10:45 AM) *

I am a working class guy (or was biggrin.gif ). Huey is a "working" 914.....maybe not a work of art but beauty is in the eye.......
Works of art get hung on a wall & dusted off every so often.

agree.gif no one will ever stand back and throw sugar at Huey, He moving way too fast! Specially with Nadine behind the wheel! driving-girl.gif You have to admire the effort it took to wreck and roll that bent boy up on the trailer and stretch him back out enough to keep rolling! That's 914 hot! aktion035.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Poor four in a sea of sexy sixes sad.gif
Socalandy
After a buff and wax aktion035.gif
Socalandy
I re-cropped the original for a closer view shades.gif
mepstein
Love Huey's story. I voted for him before TC had even posted all the cars.
flipb
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Apr 14 2011, 09:43 PM) *

Poor four in a sea of sexy sixes sad.gif

I believe there's one Eight in there too. happy11.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 14 2011, 07:43 AM) *

After a huge wreck this car was bent back out and soldiered on! Check out the link and story about Huey.

Click to view attachment

These are all nice cars but I don't know how you couldn't vote for Huey confused24.gif . Plus I have always wanted to take a 914 to the Targa Newfoundland beerchug.gif
G e o r g e
Here's one of AZ914 with the top off.

The Pictures don't do it justice
Also go vote in this Pole
rick 918-S
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 15 2011, 01:58 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 14 2011, 07:43 AM) *

Click to view attachment

These are all nice cars but I don't know how you couldn't vote for Huey confused24.gif . Plus I have always wanted to take a 914 to the Targa Newfoundland beerchug.gif

agree.gif Livin the dream! driving.gif
helios
Tough choice..........I really like Protos green beastie (it's got nothing to do with the color, honest rolleyes.gif ), but I have a huge admiration for Huey. So Huey it is. Love the story behind the car (and the fact it gets used......hard).
computers4kids
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Apr 14 2011, 07:40 PM) *

I re-cropped the original for a closer view shades.gif

My humble vote goes to this beauty, which I can tell gets driven and enjoyed. first.gif
IPB Image
carr914
icon_bump.gif

As this needs to stay on Page 1
carr914
5 Days & 200 Votes in and Proto is up by 10.

Will it go down to the Wire?

naro914
Huey raced in the Smoky Mtn Region Spring Thing Autocross this past weekend. I was close to FTD, but not quite.

Video, Pics and what happened here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=119943

Basically, got third to FTD behind a AX purpose built 914 and a full RSR racer. Huey is a street car, with street suspension and pretty heavy right now.

In 2009, we put 7000 miles on him. 2010, about the same. He is a driver, and he wins most Concours he's entered in. We rally him, show him, drive him all summer to most events, and now autocross him (A6's are wonderful!!).

We did not replace the chassis after the Targa wreck, we 'Chop, Cut and Rebuilt'. This little car has been through a lot.

Thank you all that voted this and last time around.

Pic at a winery tour last year:

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Huey gets my vote - great car, great owner.

Here is a shot of Huey in action w00t.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
carr914
One More Day to get your Votes in.

Right now Proto holds a 14 Vote edge over Huey
mepstein
One of these days we'll be building Huey replicas. biggrin.gif
naro914
Looking like once again, to bastardize a phrase "always a Best Man, never a Groom" (Huey is a guy afterall). Second to FTD in multiple autocrosses, second as COTM twice now.... Oh well. sad.gif

I'll break the news to him gently once it's final. He'll probably refuse to start...
carr914
The Contest is now over - Proto Wins first.gif

Huey gets the Jon Bovey 2nd Place Award.

I'm going to go pick up my GT, so I will forward Proto's info to the Admins to take care of the Home Page when I get back.
naro914
Congrats Proto31. Very nice car!! beerchug.gif

Huey pee'd oil on the floor... sad.gif
carr914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Apr 27 2011, 08:55 AM) *

Congrats Proto31. Very nice car!! beerchug.gif

Huey pee'd oil on the floor... sad.gif

Better that he pee'd oil than puking oil barf.gif
Scott S
I have been to lots of weddings. I have had WAY more fun with brides maides than I have ever had with the actual bride - because the other way around would be wrong.......... wouldnt it? confused24.gif piratenanner.gif

Great cars!
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.