Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aux Air Valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bullet
Tomorrow im firing up the car for the first time since i have owned. And i got everything wired up all the vacuum hoses hooked up. But i noticed that i dont have the red wire for the Aux air vale connected to anything. I looked around for an open wire and found nothing. Where does this wire go? am I missing something?
Eric Taylor
there should be an open connection on the ignition harness. just a little plastic covered connection with a white wire coming off of it.
Bullet
Damn maybe i hooked that up wrong then. the only wire that i can think of off the ecm harnessthat has a plastic conector is what i hooked up yo the Temp sensor. and then i hooked up the plactic connector on the harnees which goes to the starter is going to the Oil pressur switch. Did i goof some were?
SirAndy
hmmm, on my diagram, the wire to the AAR looks white, and seems to come from pin12 of the engine harness connector on the relay board.
Bullet
Well shit. i wish that i had the car here at my house so i could go do dsome looking. If i cant find this wire for some reason. Will the car run like crap without it?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bullet @ May 7 2004, 11:23 PM)
Will the car run like crap without it?

yes, if the vac-hoses are still connected to the AAR but it doesn't have any juice, the car will hunt idle when warm and drive "strange" ...

if you can't find the wire, disconnect & plug the 2 hoses that go to it.
you will have very low idle when cold, but everything will be correct once the engine gets to operating temp (including the idle) ...

Andy
Bullet
Kool, Thanks for the help. I cant wait to drive it for the first time.
JeffBowlsby
Damn maybe i hooked that up wrong then. the only wire that i can think of off the ecm harnessthat has a plastic conector is what i hooked up yo the Temp sensor. and then i hooked up the plactic connector on the harnees which goes to the starter is going to the Oil pressur switch. Did i goof some were?

Yep you got it wrong. The long plastic box housing on the fuel injection harness goes to Temp Sensor 2 at cyl #3. I think you got that from your post.

The green/red stripe wire from the ignition harnes (no plastic box housing) goes to teh oil pressure sender at the top of the engine, and the white wire off the ignition harness with the plastic box housing goes to the red wire on the AAR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.