Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice curves....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
OH MY GOD! Did I learn something today!

This sucker is amazing! The mixture quality is unreal, perfect combination of mixture and quench on this puppy.

Just look how flat that curve is! and I made all that with just .455 valve lift- FREAKIN AWESOME!

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=70507

It goes into a 914, BTW.... The ultimate dual purpose powerplant! It'll short shift great on the street and haul ass at the track! And with that efficiency it'll get 30 MPG too!
ChrisReale
smilie_pokal.gif sweet!
Jake Raby
Thanks man!
DNHunt
Neat Jake

Dave
seanery
love that torque! 173 ft/lbs! HP isn't bad either 176! smilie_pokal.gif
Jake Raby
And best of all it doesn't even sound built. idles as smooth as stock and also runs very cool...it has a stock cooling system on it!
watsonrx13
Wow! smilie_pokal.gif
Jake Raby
First time in probably 3 years that a new design came out this good on the first try...

Its all in the heads on this one!
rhodyguy
very impressive, esp with the stock cooling system. jake, do you ever run he's on your testing to see if these configs will be functional for those of us that need to have heat?

kevin
Jake Raby
There is no way that this one would run a heater box.... The exhaust flow is phenomenol, and i it don't get out you can forget about those cool head temps. This particular engine requires a tangerine header, nothing else will let it breathe.

I have combos that use HEs, and I have alot of them 2056,and 2270 both. But they are not revvers and don't make more than 155 BHP.
HES change everything on a correctly designed engine..
seanery
any ideas or expectations on what the heads would do to a mild 2.0 or 2056?
Jake Raby
probably not much, they lack the vacuum signal to make the port design effective.. This engine has a fast piston speed and with the amount of quench we get from our deck set up it all works like a charm.

These are still 2.0 914 heads, but just a different I/E ratio and a change to effect the mixture and promote velocity... on paper it looks like shit, and is all screwey, but when coupled with the exhaust port of a TIV, it definately shines!

These intake ports are 5cc smaller than my standard 2.0 ports for this combination... It seems that having less volume, and more velocity, with the added tumble of the air is producing an effect that helps trick the head into achieving optimum burn, and exhaust cycling....

Thats why it runs so efficient with such low timing and has such flat torque....

another door just got unlocked.
i love porsche
ooo..that graph is looking really nice..cant wait till i get some money so i can send my engine to you =]
Jake Raby
Sweet!

I'm slammed right now, probably more than ever before... Alot of work is going to Europe right now. over 50% of what we are doing presently is going to europe.
cha914
Damn Jake,

Making that 2056 of mine look tame ...

(learn to drive the car, then more power...learn to drive the car, then more power...lean to drive the car, then more power...)

Keep up the good work, Jake...

Tony

gotta start putting alot of miles on the car, so that at my 40K rebuild I can have Jake "upgrade" my motor while he is in there MDB2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.