Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CA Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
My painter (Jenny, Mike C., Chris K., etc) has an opening in the next three weeks if anyone wants a paint job on thier 914 before the WCC. It needs to start right now and would be an exterior only paint. PM me if you have questions.

clap56.gif
SP9146
The work on Mike C's car looks top notch. Any pics of it completely painted?
McMark
Should be back on its wheels this week and I'll add pictures.
Gint
Go get my tub!

And pictures!
McMark
Now where did I put my tow vehicle and trailer? Or should I put the tub on a tow dolly?

biggrin.gif Just kidding.
Gint
Now where did I put my tow vehicle and trailer? Or should I put the tub on a tow dolly?

Just kidding.

Yeah sad.gif , me too.
Duffster
oooo talk some more trash to me, big man!!!

I've been trying to find a painter that'll do my car (exterior & jams). It seems that everyone here looks at the emblem on the front and orders a new bass boat.

The car won't have to come down all the way to bare metal as the white (factory) and the red (po) seem to be pretty fair paint jobs. The major issue is the area where abuse was perpetrated on the rear fenders. A good deal of Louisville Slugger time went into them, and they'll need a little TLC before they are ready to face the spray gun.

The gaps took a serious pounding from the po, and I haven't helped by putting 8's in the rear, so I'm not looking for "shine-and-show" paint.
Rusty
Mark,

Those are some great pictures.

On Mike's car, you peeled back the metal from near the tail light. Was there external indication of serious corrosion? The stuff on the floor... that factory soundproofing foam?

-Rusty smoke.gif
McMark
Mikes car was sandblasted and they didn't spend much time under the wheel wells. The paint kept bubbling up in that area indicating that there was gas escaping from below. Turned out that there were tiny tiny tiny pinholes from rust below and water had been trapped behind the expanding foam that was in that area. So we had to cut out that whole section and replace it. We've decided not to put the foam/seam sealer back in because it's easier to just clean any dirt and mud out from that area every once in awhile than it is to repair the rust caused by seam sealer/ foam.

Every car I've pulled sealer from has had gummi seam sealer in that area, so I'm pretty sure this expanding foam is somebody previous great idea.
tod914
Nice work Mark!

Interesting to see the the proccess. Thanks for posting the links.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.