Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics from Windy City 9:14 breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Well the 914 weather God's smiled upon us today here in Chicagoland, no rain and plenty of sun shine. We had a great turn out. We had 8 914's, 1 911, and 12 people. If you didn't make this one don't worry we have decided to do this every 2nd Saturday of each month.

Here are some pic's of the gang and their cars.

- Garold

Me (fat guy at end of table, then Howard H, Bill Shaw (Kalamazoo, MI), Adam (PP site), Scott (Blonde914 other half) & ?? standing. Across from me is John, Kieth V, CHris H and Sherry (Blonde 914)
GaroldShaffer
Bill Shaw, Alan??, Adam, Scott. Across from Scott is Sherry then Chris H.
seanery
spell it out garold, who is who?
GaroldShaffer
the cars
GaroldShaffer
rrer
GaroldShaffer
John's race car, I mean street car, yea that's it, street car wink.gif
GaroldShaffer
The Race Car cup holder blink.gif
GaroldShaffer
Last pic.
tod914
Nice collection of teeners. Any hear from Bob Delianardi? Was his 6 sold locally? Wish him the best from me if you see him.
Chris H.
Tod,

Bob is in the top photo on the right, standing. He came in his 993. I think the six was sold to a guy from Minnesota. Bob seems to be doing well.

Chris
Bill Shaw
Great time at the breakfast! Thanks for the quick pics, Garold. The only problem I had getting back to Kalamazoo was that the weather was so beautiful I left the top off all the way and got a beautiful shade of red by the time I hit Kalamazoo 3 hours later. Ouch!! Small price to pay though. Hope I can get the bumpers back for the next meet. I'm tired of being the ugly duckling in the group.

Let's see if we can get together for the vintage race at Road America on July 17-18. Last year they had a good assortment of 4s and 6s, as well as a couple of 904s, 2 910s and the usual gaggle of 356s, 944s and 911s. A couple of years ago the best battle I've ever seen was between a 944 and an original 1950 Carrera Panamerica Cadillac coupe. This year the theme cars are historic F1s so it should be a good show.
blonde914
What a great turn out, although we were a little late (just got back from Vegas at 2:00AM, 48hrs no sleep, and no I was not a winner. I should just hand them my money when I get there and drink myself silly the rest of the time. Oh, I did that anyway just over 48 hrs drunk.gif . I did have fun though beerchug.gif )

The ride home was great, beautiful weather, light traffic, stereo loud. I can't even begin to tell you the pleasure I get from driving this little hunk of metal.

It was fantastic to see this many 914's at one time. I was impressed again by everyones cars. Keith had a pristine white 914, he only lives a few miles from us but I have never seen his car on the road, why? He doesn't drive it. I give him credit I wouldn't be able to do that. Mine will always have imperfections so I can drive it everyday possible. I would be cautious too if mine looked like that!!!

John wouldn't let me drive his, I just wanted to go around the block. I wanted to see if it was faster than mine. It probably isn't. I might have to race him someday!!!

Bill, I look forward to seeing your car with bumpers. It will be sharp! We also got alittle sun on the face on the way home, felt good!!! I am going to do your trick on the wheels, Thanks.

It was great seeing everyone and hope to see you next month.

Thanks Garold for putting this together, Scott and I really enjoy talking with the other owners and seeing all the cars. I am glad Julie got to come with you, I know it is hard when you have a little one. Hope she can come to the next one also.

For everyone else, the picture of me does not do me justice. It makes me look 40 something and shorter than I really am. cool_shades.gif

See you next month,
Sherry driving-girl.gif
SirAndy
schweet! smilie_pokal.gif
good to see that the i-hop breakfast idea is spreading through the country wink.gif

driving.gif Andy

PS.: why is the racecars license plate blacked out on the second pic but not on the first? confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
Awesome. It is SO great to see people around the globe gathering under one common interest. Great job Garold for putting this together and a special 914club thanks to those who attended. clap56.gif clap56.gif

B
GaroldShaffer
PS.: why is the racecars license plate blacked out on the second pic but not on the first?  

because I'm a igit biggrin.gif Was just playing with Photo shop and forgot to do it on the first pic.

Thanks to everyone that came, next month will be at the same place & time on June 12th. I will start a new thread on this in the next few days.

Thanks agian.

Garold
Fleet Guy
Garold:

Thanks for putting this outing together. I really enjoyed looking at everyone's "work in progress" and discussing common experiences. Some really nice 914s.

Great group of people, nice cars, beautiful day . . . . . oh, and a filling breakfast to boot.

Had a great time. Hope to be able to come to many others.

Howard Henneman agree.gif
auh
This breakfast was AWESOME!!!!!!\

I can't wait for the next one.

Adam
Keith V
Garold - Thanks for organizing the event. It was good to meet you, and everyone else. I look forward to doing it again. Best regards to all. biggrin.gif
shoguneagle
I agree with Andy --- great to see the IHOP breakfast idea catching on. Nice turn out and very nice cars. Hope to hear more about the Chi- Town Group along with many other places.

Allows us to become acquainted with what is going on around "914 Land".

Great job, gang, and enjoyed the cars.

Steve Hurt
Hawk
Hope to see you guys and gals at the Midwest Classic this August 7 in Whitmore Lake, Michigan. wavey.gif
(see nailed post).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.