Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We were under attack! DoS attack that is ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
Don't these damn hacker kids have anything better to do than trying to shut down our site?

ar15.gif
ThinAir
Is one of them named George? happy11.gif
montoya 73 2.0
It's getting fishy around here!? Hmmmmmm? I smell X19!
Rand
I was going to make a crack about all the lemmings getting together, but...

Andy, it's no fun being on your end of this. I just want to raise a beer to you man and say thanks for your work here.

Wishing for the magic button that could vaporize the fucktards that have nothing better to do than vandalize... In all the various forms.
914itis
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 14 2011, 12:07 AM) *

I was going to make a crack about all the lemmings getting together, but...

Andy, it's no fun being on your end of this. I just want to raise a beer to you man and say thanks for your work here.

Thanks Andy, you are the man, beerchug.gif

these kids should know that you are on top of your game.
Elliot Cannon
Point the little bastards out to me and I'll... um... make a few phone calls. ar15.gif
DanT
Wooh,
I was starting to think there was something wrong with my new Ipad2 blink.gif
McMark
Thank goodness we have a computer geenius at the wheel. Damn hackers didn't stand a chance. ar15.gif
Mike Bellis
Andy,

Can't you program in some counter measures to attack them? Or make them think they have attacked a virus?
76-914
When I was a little prick we used to open fire hydrants, shoot mailboxes and steal melons.
Rand
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 13 2011, 09:50 PM) *

When I was a little prick we used to open fire hydrants, shoot mailboxes and steal melons.

No kidding. Mailbox baseball isn't what it used to be.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 13 2011, 09:50 PM) *

I was the kid that spray paint on trains and the Walls of Fame in San Jose, Ca.!
euro911
slap.gif Quit calling me, Elliot ... there's nothing I can't do about it right now, my back's killing me.
wingnut86
Hmmm....

when my Uber-Genius son who has gotten into the most geekiest college program around these parts gets home, I can have him poke around.........

Of course, it's because of him my home network has triple redundancy, 4 firewalls and 3 IPs.

little Butt-Head still runs circles around my ole school BBS and scripting langigiz. I have a new screen saver/backdrop or fake "I'll destroy your BIT" message on one of the boxes every time I log in.

WTF.gif

I'm thinking about bouncing my signal off 12 sites between Nigeria to Latvia!

boom.gif

QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 14 2011, 01:41 AM) *

slap.gif Quit calling me, Elliot ... there's nothing I can't do about it right now, my back's killing me.

SirAndy
Again ... dry.gif

I wasn't near a computer all day so it took until this evening to do something about it.
All good now, i think ...

Somebody out there really doesn't like us.
stirthepot.gif
montoya 73 2.0
smilie_pokal.gif Your the man Andy!
trojanhorsepower
Thanks Andy. Your the best beer3.gif
PeeGreen 914
I have a friend who is contracted by three letter groups to test their systems and to obtain data from others if you would like to speak to him. blink.gif

The dude freaks me out when it comes to computers.
PeeGreen 914
Also, thank you for everything you do Andy beerchug.gif
MrHyde
Thanks Andy !
sixnotfour
thanks Andy beerchug.gif
URY914
Here's the little bastard that did it....

Click to view attachment
Randal
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 13 2011, 07:56 PM) *

Again ... dry.gif

I wasn't near a computer all day so it took until this evening to do something about it.
All good now, i think ...

Somebody out there really doesn't like us.
stirthepot.gif

Ha, that is an understatement.

Nice going Andy.

Get ready for some goopy tires and pray for dry weather!
rick 918-S
Anyone else notice the first time was April 13 and now May 13th? dry.gif shades.gif What's the deal.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 13 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Anyone else notice the first time was April 13 and now May 13th? dry.gif shades.gif What's the deal.

idea.gif
strawman
Yer da dewd! Thanks for all you do to keep 914World the best 914 site out there.
beer3.gif
raw1298
Ok, it all ok, the voices are getting quieter. Whew, I was going through some serious withdrawals biggrin.gif Way to go dude!! beer.gif
Lou W

Ya, I saw that too, made me wonder, could it be tied to some kind of time delay?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Lou W @ May 13 2011, 09:30 PM) *

Ya, I saw that too, made me wonder, could it be tied to some kind of time delay?

I guess we'll find out June 13th.
Cairo94507
I am seriously a little concerned about myself. All I think of is getting my six put together and restored. I am on this site several times per day and can't seem to start my day without being here first. The last thing I do before going to bed is come here too.

I was moving along at a very nice pace buying the parts I need and then the wife decided she wanted to sell our house to move to the other side of town....not that there is anything wrong with our house-believe me.

So my car is now in storage at my brother's house, 4 miles away, nicely covered up. And I can't really do anything because even selling a house costs money to get ready to spend money to buy another house. Oh by the way, it is realtors that give realtors a bad name. Some of them act as if just because your house is listed on the MLS that they can have access to it 24/7 for clients. No lock-box for me; by appointment only.

The good news is we will sell our home first and then hunt/buy another so no real pressure to sell. If I have to rent a place while we shop, big deal.

I really miss seeing my six every day sitting in the garage though.

OH, if you can catch the hacker I volunteer to (virtually) hit his hands with a ball-peen hammer.
scotty b
WTF.gif Georges time out is over, Bin Laden gets tapped, Miles shows up, Prince gets married, Pope gets beatified, and the world gets hacked, all within a couple of weeks.

It was all too much for the universe to handle. We need to gte on TEENERGEDON unsure.gif
windforfun
Thanks Andy. I appreciate all your work here.
zymurgist
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 14 2011, 09:30 AM) *

WTF.gif Bin Laden gets tapped, and the world gets hacked, all within a couple of weeks.

Al Qaeda hates 914s. :tinfoil:
914 shifter
can't you set up the hackers and ar15.gif idea.gif WTF.gif
balljoint

WTF.gif Georges time out is over, Bin Laden gets tapped, Prince gets married, Pope gets beatified, and the world gets hacked, all within a couple of weeks.

It was all too much for the universe to handle. We need to gte on TEENERGEDON unsure.gif

Not that I want to feed your psychoses, but didn't Miles reappear here recently?
scotty b
QUOTE(balljoint @ May 14 2011, 10:49 AM) *

WTF.gif Georges time out is over, Bin Laden gets tapped, Prince gets married, Pope gets beatified, and the world gets hacked, all within a couple of weeks.

Not that I want to feed your psychoses, but didn't Miles reappear here recently?

Thanks, I forgot about that one. Evil has been on the lamb too idea.gif
flipb
QUOTE(scotty b @ May 14 2011, 04:45 PM) *

On the lam?

Or on the lamb? sheeplove.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(flipb @ May 14 2011, 12:49 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ May 14 2011, 04:45 PM) *

On the lam?

Or on the lamb? sheeplove.gif

HE calls it " VACATION " I'm pretty sure that means the lamb sheeplove.gif
Katmanken
How do we know you are really Scotty b?

Last I heard, yer pooter was goin down and I offered poor but free debugging advice.

So, are you the real Scotty b, or a Chinese hacking tong impersonating as Scotty b?

Test question to determine your authenticity...

Who is Hondo?

Per Andy, let us know who these obnoxious twits are, where they live, and your web of faithful 914 minions will take care of the rest. Typing is hard with broken fingers smash.gif smash.gif and a jackstand shoved up yer you know what. sheeplove.gif hissyfit.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(kwales @ May 14 2011, 02:42 PM) *

Who is Hondo?

DUH. Everybody knows Jackie Chan is HONDO
balljoint
Poor Evil. He's off tryin' to make a baby and you guys have no real advice for him.

You guys are bad.

laugh.gif
balljoint
BTW Ask Evil what the difference between lamb and mutton is.

He'll go on for hours about the baaa'ing.

sheeplove.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.