Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 video - gopro test
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dem
Bought a gopro to fool around with on my motorcycle. Some random person musta bolted it to a 914 and drove it around. No idea who would do such a thing, of course.

GoPro 914 Video Test
Mike Bellis
Cool Video! What road are you on?
jim_hoyland
Cool, I like the view out the back window and the sound. Got a question: Why does my computer stop the video every 10 - 15 seconds, freeze frame, then play again for another 10 - 15 secs. Is there something I can adjust on the computer ?
turboman808
http://youtu.be/PZawgUDtDtc

If you go about 6 minutes in there is some gopro 914 footage. No idea who it is.
ConeDodger
Nice... I will be using mine this weekend at an autocross...
sawtooth
Nice vid, I really like the audio.
pt_700
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 14 2011, 08:54 AM) *

Cool, I like the view out the back window and the sound. Got a question: Why does my computer stop the video every 10 - 15 seconds, freeze frame, then play again for another 10 - 15 secs. Is there something I can adjust on the computer ?

how old's your box? could be slow connection or need faster machine. the video is rather beefy (lots of pixels to keep track of on high def). vimeo's a neat site, kind of like a high def version of youtube.
Andyrew
Jim, its your internet connection speed. Pause the video in the beginning for ~ a minute and try again.
ConeDodger
I might be imagining this but Firefox seems to eliminate the video start/stop I had when I used IE...
dem
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 14 2011, 08:33 AM) *

Cool Video! What road are you on?

This is Stevens Creek Canyon up to the top of Mt. Eden in Cupertino.

I'm a little sad the audio got so clipped. I guess the 120+ db weber intake noise overwhelms the camera's mic. smile.gif
skota
Great Video. sent this to a few of my freinds who havent been in a 914. biggrin.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(dem @ Apr 14 2011, 09:27 AM) *

This is Stevens Creek Canyon up to the top of Mt. Eden in Cupertino.

I'm a little sad the audio got so clipped. I guess the 120+ db weber intake noise overwhelms the camera's mic. smile.gif

Yep these are great cameras for video but the audio side is pretty crappy. My car has Webers as well as open megaphones and it totally overwhelms the GoPro. I suppose it could be hacked to connect external mics, which might help to some degree. I just got a Zoom H4N that I may try using for in-car audio and mix it with the GoPro video.
chuckc
ha ha ! fun. Makes me want to go driving biggrin.gif
sounds like some 5500 revs.
I can't wait till next weekend when I get to drive again -- this has made me all the more excited.
turboman808
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Apr 14 2011, 09:28 PM) *

I just got a Zoom H4N that I may try using for in-car audio and mix it with the GoPro video.

That's exactly how I did the video I posted above. Just give a clap or two when you start rolling so you can sync it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.