Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost my turn signals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914fun
Turn signals worked fine before I took out the fuel injection wires. Did they run through the CPU. Can anyone tell me how to get them back? The only mods to the wiring I made was I added a ground to the relay board at the top left terminal Where the fi harness was plugged in.
Drums66
......you might have done this ?.....check your fuses out.... idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
914fun
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Apr 14 2011, 12:47 PM) *

......you might have done this ?.....check your fuses out.... idea.gif
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif

I checked fuses. I had the cover to the relay board off. could I have messed up anything in there that would mess with the signals?
Mike Bellis
Did you disconnect the ground under the relay board?
914fun
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Apr 14 2011, 03:13 PM) *

Did you disconnect the ground under the relay board?

I put a ground from left connector where the fi plugged into the relay board. ran it to the ground bundle just above the relay board on the body. I cleaned the fuse connection, checked fuse, the em flashers work. all lights work. No turn signal indicator on the dash and radio will not come on. I dont see 2 read wires to the battery. Just the main wire and the one with a fuse thats for the radio and that fuse is good too.
Dave_Darling
The radio has its own wire and it still won't come on? That's a very bad sign. Time to double-check all of the connections to make sure wires are in the right places.

The wires for the taillight harness don't go to the relay board, they go up to the dash.

Check the fuses in the main fuse panel; they can pop and still look OK until you take them out. (Or sometimes spin them in place.)

--DD
euro911
The old ceramic or plastic type open fuses suck.

I drove 35 miles with the engine intermittently shutting off ... thought I had a loose wire to the coil or something. Couldn't find any bad wiring, but I did make it home.
I got up the next morning and the car wouldn't start WTF.gif

When I got around to checking fuses, found this one (looking intact) on the relay board in the engine compartment. The tit fell off after I removed it.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.